Madisi Mission Hospital
Madisi Mission Hospital is a provider of specialised healthcare services and one of the referral hospitals in Dowa District & is under the Archdiocese of Lilongwe of the Roman Catholic Church and is affiliated to the Christian Health Association of Malawi. It is located about 80km from Liongwe along the M1 road to
Kasungu and 1km from Madisi Trading Centre.
An opportunity has arisen for vacant positions within the Hospital as indicated below
Vacancy Reference number VAC/MMH/1/7/20
Pest: Principal Medical Officer
Responsible to: Chief Medical Officer
Job Summary. Providing technical clinical and managerial guidance of heath services
Duties and responsibilities
- Serves as head of clinical services Department
- Takes lead in clinical work (patient care) including being on call, conducting ward rounds and OPD clinics.
- Plan, implements and evaluates all curative activities/ services of the facility and ensures high performance standards.
- Compiles periodic reports on the performance of the hospital and curative services.
- Ensures that the hospital has ongoing programmes for in service training for clinical and nursing staff
- Ensures that the hospital has up to date infection prevention guidelines and that these infection control and prevention policies are adhered to by working closely with the Infection Control and Prevention Committee
- Ensures that all deaths in the hospital are audited and measures taken to prevent unnecessary deaths or morbidity
- Supervises all clinical and nursing staff under hes/ her control
- Collaborates with Chief Medical Officer and Administration staff or day to day management of the facility.
- Monitors and maintains standards of clinical practice.
- Empowers and enables clinical staff to perform their roles effectively
- Devotes the utmost knowledge and best skill to the care of patients and other administrative services, as mutually agreed to by the hospital. For purposes of this Agreement, the term “care of patient’ shall mean and include time spent on care of patients as appropriate at the Hospital, hospital rounds. and dictation of charts and all related patient services
- Maintains medical office open for patient visits as agreed by the Hospital.
- Maintains and provides the Hospital Management upon request, office appointments schedules. or other written records evidencing the amount of time Physician devotes to the performance of the obligations and cuties under this Agreement
- Prepares in a timely and complete manner reports of all examinations, procedures and other services performed in accordance with the standards and policies of the Hospital, and any applicable accrediting, regulating or licensing agencies
- Promotes clinical governance and service improvements following the analysis of complaints, adverse events and other drivers for change.
- Works as part of the multidisciplinary team
- Maintains personal contact with patients and patients’ relatives (guardians) and assist staff in dealing with complaints
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Desired person must be a holder of a Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surge’y degree or its equivalent from a recognized University
- Must be registered with the Medical Council of Malawi as a Medical Doctor
- Must have served for at least 3 years at a district or central or similar hospital after qualifying as a doctor
- Ability to work long hours, odd hours and often under pressure
- Good practical skills
- Ability to solve problems.
- Effective decision making skills
- Leadership and management skills.
- Communication skills compassion and a good bedside manner.
- Drive to continue learning throughout career.
- Analytical ability
- Time management
Mode of Application
Interested and fully qualified individuals must send their applications including a statement of interest,
Curriculum Vitae, copies of professional certificates and contacts of three traceable professional referees to.
The Human Resource Management Officer
Madisi Mission Hospital
P.O. Box 30
Or through email address [email protected] and copy to [email protected] not later than Monday, 31st August, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
Madisi Mission Hospital is an equal opportunities employer