Christian Aid exists to create a world where everyone can live a full life, free from poverty. We are a global movement of people, churches and local organisations who passionately champion dignity, equality and justice worldwide. We are the changemakers, the peacemakers, the mighty of heart.
SENIOR FINANCE MANAGER
Fixed Term Contract: 1 year
Closing Date : 21st August, 2020
Christian Aid is looking for Senior Finance Manager to lead, manage and strengthen Malawi programme finance in its last year of implementation .The post holder will be expected to lead and motivate the finance team for an effective and smooth close down of the project.
This position will provide leadership to the growing finance portfolio with diverse contracts and donor demands (EU, USAID, Scottish Government and Global Funds) and ensure that the country programme delivers timely, reliable, accurate and high-quality accounting and financial management. The post holder will therefore be required to manage the finance function, lead and set professional financial
standards. This role will manage other finance staff in a variety of offices. The post holder will be responsible for effective financial management including the preparation of financial plans, the preparation of financial reports, managing the financial aspects of donor funded programmes, commercial contracts and appeal funding, supporting and building the financial capacity of Christian Aid staff in the same country or region and facilitating external, internal and donor audits. The post holder will also work closely with other financial staff in the various consortia and provide leadership at design stages of budgets.
The post holder will manage the Christian Aid finances and lead and set professional financial standards. The role will be responsible for effective financial management including the preparation of financial plans and reports for the consortium, supporting and building the financial capacity of consortium staff in the same country and facilitating external, internal and donor audits. This role includes supporting partner financial capacity and managing the compliance function.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Recommended 5-7 years management experience in an NGO environment
• A University Degree in Finance / Accounting/ Economics
• Membership of Professional Accountancy body (eg ICAM, ACCA) strongly recommended
• Excellent understanding of business and financial planning including strategic modeling
• Excellent analytical skills – the ability to analyze complex financial data and design and produce effective management information
• Excellent experience of budgeting and budget management
• Excellent understanding of financial systems and procedures
• Strong business acumen and the ability to contribute to strategic decisions
• Excellent experience of computerised accounts packages, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to manage a complex and diverse workload and to work to tight deadlines
• Willingness and ability to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies.
To apply for these positions, please visit www.christianaid.org.uk/jobs. If you have questions about the position, please e-mail them to [email protected] CV sent to the e-mail address will not be considered. All applications must be submitted online.
Christian Aid values diversity and aspires to reflect this in its workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.