Mangochi District Council
Mangochi District Council with funds from the Government of Iceland through Icelandic International Development Agency (ICEIDA) invites applications from eligible candidates as detailed below: –
POST : ANAESTHETIST
GRADE : K
REPORTING TO : THE MEDICAL OFFICER
RESPONSIBLE FOR : THE PROVISION OF ANESTHESIA SERVICES TO PATIENTS
The following is not an exhaustive listing of duties associated with the post but is intended for the guidance of the person assigned to the position. The holder of the position will provide primary health care services to the hospital.
The general duties of the job will include the following:
- Making pre-operative assessment of patients
- Ordering special tests for medication of patients before administering anaesthesia
- Conducting anaesthesia on patients
- Reporting condition changes of patients of a patient to surgeon or relevant attendant
- Managing fluid, electrolytes and acid/base disturbances
- Shock management
- Recording patients data in relevant registers
- Aggregating, analyzing and interpretation of data
- Disseminating information to all relevant stakeholders including submission of weekly reports to designated officer
- Any other duties that may be deem reasonable for the post.
- Applicants must be in possession of a Diploma in Anaesthesia obtained from a recognized institution
- Must be registered with a relevant professional body.
If you meet the above requirements, submit your application letters, up-date Curriculum Vitae, copies of certificates to the postal or email be sent as indicated on the address.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, 14th August, 2020 and only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
The District Commissioner
Private Bag 138