Creative Centre for Community Mobilization (CRECCOM)
With funding from the Joint Tuberculosis, HIV and AIDS Global Fund grant through Action Aid Malawi, Creative Centre for Community Mobilization (CRECCOM) is implementing a three-year project, namely -Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) in Chikwawa district. The overall goal of AGYW is to reduce HIV incidence amongst girls aged 10-24. The project has the following three objectives: 1) Increased awareness of adolescent girls and young women in HIV and AIDS. 2) Reduced school drop out rate. 3) Reduced incidences of Gender Based Violence (GBV).
CRECCOM is looking to recruit a creative, dynamic, competent and self-motivated person to fill a position of a Field Officer under AGM’ project tenable in Chikwawa. The position is for a period of Five Months.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting direct to the Senior Project Officer, the incumbent’s core duties shall include:
- Strengthening of Village savings loans (VSL) Groups for young women.
- Facilitating enterprise development and microfinance. Facilitating business management; marketing, value addition.
- Establishing cooperatives. Securing steady markets for AGYW products.
- Supporting formulation of joint cooperatives for VSL clubs to sell their commodities.
- Working in collaboration with Trade Officer under One Village One Product to get certification from Malawi Bureau of Standards.
- Supporting VSL clubs in record keeping and management of funds. Ensuring that share out of proceeds is done according to set standards. Conducting outreach and SRHR activities for Adolescent Girls and Young Women.
- Conducting group-counselling sessions for Young couples on SRH/GBV.
- Monitoring and strengthening implementation of of the By – Laws.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of a Certificate in Community development, Diploma in Social Science, Rural/Community Development or other relevant Development and Marketing studies will be an added advantage.
- Adequate knowledge and skills in facilitating Enterprise development and microfinance, Business management; marketing and value addition.
- Experience in mobilizing communities, community leaders and young people to participate in programs.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in VSL and Cooperatives methodology.
- Adequate understanding of issues affecting AGM
- Has adequate financial literacy skills.
- Experience in riding a motorcycle with valid driver’s license would be an added advantage.
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook).
How to Apply
Applications, giving names and addresses of three traceable referees and up-to-date Curriculum Vitae should be sent to: The Executive Director, CRECCOM, P.O. Box 524, Zomba or through the following e-mail address: [email protected]
Closing date for receiving application is Tuesday 11th August, 2020. CRECCOM is an equal opportunity employer, hence all those suitably qualified regardless of sex, religion, race, disability etc are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates shall be acknowledged.