Mobilising communities and develop their capacity and spirit of seIf—reliance for improved social and economic wellbeing
Tovwirane Organisation is an indigenous NGO based at Mzimba Boma undertaking interventions in Women Empowerment, Gender Based Violence Prevention, Sexual Reproductive Health Rights, Gender and Governance, HIV/AIDS, Environment, Health, Education, livelihoods and Child rights among others.
Tovwirane Organisation has teamed up with PSI Malawi with funding from USAID and PEPPAR to carry out a Comprehensive Condom Programming (CCP) project under the program titled, Expanding Malawi HIV/AIDS Prevention with local organizations working for an Effective Epidemic Response (EMPOWER). EMPOWER is a program aimed at the goal of preventing new HIV/AIDS infections in targeted populations in PEPFAR priority districts in Malawi.
Tovwirane Organisation invites suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant position:
The incumbent will be responsible for data entry, processing and management following the Standard Operating Procedures for data management as well as compiling weekly and monthly reports. The incumbent will also perform any other duties as assigned by the Research Monitoring and Evaluation Officer. The Data Clerk Officer will be based in Lilongwe.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Entering clients and project data from source documents within time limits
- Compiling, verifying accuracy and sorting Information to prepare source data for computer entry
- Reviewing data for deficiencies or errors, correcting any incompatibilities and checking output
- Research and obtain further information for incomplete documents
- Apply data program techniques and procedures
- Retrieve data from the database or electronic files as requested
- Comply with data integrity and security policies
- Perform regular backups to ensure data preservation.
- Diploma In Information Technology, Management information Systems, Computer Science, Health Information Systems. Statistics, or its equivalent, with at least 2 years hands on experience in nongovernmental organization set-up
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines while producing quality content
- Experience with meta-data standards and database best practices
- Dataset preparation and data cleaning
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills, data lover, ability to think big picture strategy and navigate details to ensure accuracy
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team oriented environment is a must
- Cyber security knowledge would be an added advantage
- Good interpersonal skills.
Eligible candidates meeting the required qualifications and experience should send their applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), and names and contact details of three (3) traceable referees to the email address: [email protected] not later than 12th August, 2020.
Position title MUST he indicated in the subject line. Tovwirane Organisation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For further information about Tovwirane Organisation, visit our website at www.tovwirane.org