World Vision Malawi
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Monitoring and Evaluation Lead will provide technical expertise and leadership to generate and analyze quality evidence and data through monitoring, assessments, and evaluations. The M&E Lead is required to build and manage monitoring systems, lead mixed methods measurements such as baseline and evaluations and effectively promote evidence-based program management. The Monitoring and Evaluation Lead will also provide technical expertise on learning agendas, consortium learning practices, and provide input to senior management for program adaptation based on key learnings.
S/he will also provide technical guidance and supervision of sub-grantees and/or sub-contractors on Monitoring and Evaluation related issues.
- Refine and implement the project monitoring and evaluation strategy, and recommend any possible changes based on the lessons learned.
- Set up operational arrangements for collecting, analyzing, and reporting project data, and for investing in capacity building, to sustain the Monitoring and Evaluation function.
- Conduct regular field visits to monitor implementation, to ensure compliance with operational procedures and assess progress as well as to deliver technical support to field staff.
- Prepare quarterly and annual reports, and assist in the preparation of the annual work plans for all consortium members.
- Identify information requirements of components concerning planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- Ensure that data audits are planned for and are performed on regular basis. Lessons learned are drawn and shared and course correction is undertaken to continuously improve and strengthen the M&E system.
- Develop and ensure that the established guidelines on project monitoring and evaluation for different project components are respected by WV team as well as consortium members in alignment with the agreements reached. Coordinate with World Vision staff and sub-grantees staff on meeting the monitoring and evaluation requirements.
- During the life of the intervention, review the performance indicators and reports produced by different stakeholders and suggest necessary changes.
- Monitor and report on the performance of the project and suggest measures to improve the monitoring system.
- Ensure timely and effective communication and information sharing between different stakeholders.
- Serve as a liaison between the project team, consortium members, project participants and the donor representative to ensure harmonization, shared learning, collaboration and alignment of efforts in monitoring and evaluation.
- At regional level assess training needs relevant to monitoring, evaluation and information management systems and provide, if required, training to local stakeholders.
- Prepare TORs for special studies when necessary and participate in the recruitment of any potential consultant that will carry out the study. In collaboration with the COP, review and approve proposed study designs and oversee the work during the studies to ensure protocols are followed to meet internal and external validity requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- 8 years progressive experience in Monitoring and Evaluation at senior leadership level.
- A master’s degree in a quantitative field (economics, agricultural/development economics, statistics, bio-statistics; nutrition, applied sociology, anthropology, or other relevant subject) with significant training in quantitative methods.
- Degree in statistics, economics, bio- statistics, or other relevant degree in data management and analysis.
- Demonstrated experience in leading the M&E of a large award.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in developing and operationalizing a comprehensive monitoring and evaluation plan.
- Demonstrated expertise and experience in developing and operationalizing routine monitoring systems designed to track both output and outcome indicators.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Demonstrated expertise in designing qualitative studies, in-depth knowledge about qualitative sampling, and experience in using interview and interactive tools to generate qualitative information and analysis.
- Demonstrated experience in developing data quality assurance strategies, data management, use of technology for getting just in time data and data visualization.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.