Poverty is an outrage against humanity. It robs people of dignity, freedom and hope, of power over their own lives. Christian Aid has a vision – an end to poverty – and we believe that vision can become a reality. We are striving to bring lasting change to the lives of the poorest communities. We work wherever there is great need, helping people to find their own solutions to the problems they face, irrespective of their religion, caste or creed. If you’re passionate about positive change across the world especially Malawi, then the job below might be for you.
About the role
The Procurement Officer will work closely with the Procurement Committee to ensure effective procurement processes. She/he will support Christian Aid’s procurements across funded programmes which are implemented by Christian Aid. The role holder will assist in the implementation and documentation of all procurement processes. She/he will work closely with programme leads to ensure that procurements on each project are done in a timely manner. She/ he will ensure transparent vendor engagements in line with Christian Aid’s procurement guidelines and ensure that value for money is achieved with every transaction.
The post holder will support the Operations Manager and the Procurement committee to ensure that funds spent on commercial goods and services across the various country programme activities achieve value for money and risks are well managed. The role is key in supporting and implementing the procurement guidelines and ensuring that procurement processes are well documented and in line with donor requirements. The role plays a key role in vendor and contractor engagements and ensures that all contractual processes are adhered to.
This role requires applicants to have the right to work in the country where this position is based.
We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in its workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
As part of your application you will be asked to demonstrate your suitability by giving answers to the following questions:
Tell us about a time when you had to apply a range of negotiating and influencing skills to secure agreement with a diverse group of people or stakeholders where there was little common ground?
• What was the situation? What was the particular challenge? Why were advanced skills needed?
• What was your specific role?
• What strategies did you employ? Why? How effective were they?
• What were the results? Did you secure agreement? If so, what was the critical factor?
Steward Resources :
Please tell us about a time when you had to negotiate for existing resources and identify new resources in a cost-effective way to achieve your work objectives
• What was the situation?
• What were you asked to achieve?
• What action(s) did you take?
• What were the results? Were you successful in stewarding the resources you identified effectively? If so, how did you know?
Please tell us about a time when you had to take action to challenge the behaviour of a colleague which was contrary to the vision and the values of the organisation
• What was the context? What were the inappropriate behaviours you had identified?
• What was your responsibility? What was expected of you? What did you expect of yourself?
• What action(s) did you take? Why? How?
• What was the impact of what you did? Were you successful?