Poverty is an outrage against humanity. It robs people of dignity, freedom and hope, of power over their own lives. Christian Aid has a vision – an end to poverty – and we believe that vision can become a reality. We are striving to bring lasting change to the lives of the poorest communities. We work wherever there is great need, helping people to find their own solutions to the problems they face, irrespective of their religion, caste or creed. If you’re passionate about positive change across the world, then this job might be for you.
About the role
The Communication Officer will assist Christian Aid Malawi in developing of the communications strategy and implementing of the communications plans and campaigns designed to raise visibility, awareness and understanding of Christian Aid Malawi programs in Malawi. A key purpose of the role is to promote the Christian Aid Malawi work showcase the impact of our advocacy campaigns, as well as support income generation through the provision of consistent and compelling communications messaging and to build positive brand awareness among media, public and supporters
The role will involve working closely with all staff members within Christian Aid Malawi staff and work with external suppliers such as, media houses, radio stations, communications officers of INGOs, suppliers, design agencies and printers. Develop and build relationships with the media including faith media.
This role requires applicants to have the right to work in the country where this position is based.
We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in its workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
As part of your application you will be asked to demonstrate your suitability by giving answers to the following questions:
Tell us a time when you identified fundamental conflicts and agreement in a work group and took action to redirect its energy towards common goal?
- What was the context? What were the disagreements and what caused them?
- What was your role?
- What actions did you take? Why?
- What were the results? How successful were you?
Tell us a time about when you had to apply a range of negotiating and influencing skills to secure agreement with a diverse group of people or stakeholders where there was a little common ground?
- What was the situation? What was the particular challenge? Why were advanced skills needed?
- What was your specific role? What strategies did you employ? Why? How effective were they?
- What were the results ? Did you secure agreement? If so what was the critical factor?
Please describe a situation where you acted as a role model for managing and developing other people?
- what was the context? What behaviors did you model?
- what was your task? What were responsibilities to others?
- what action(s) did you take ? Why those actions?
- What was the impact of your behavior ? Did you achieve what you set out to achieve?