ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The District Coordinator shall be responsible for, but not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Provides technical assistance in the development and implementation of the Project.
- Provides technical leadership and design expertise to support Adolescent Girls and Young Women and HIV Case Finding.
- Responds to the specified deliverables and goals of the project and ensuring completion of tasks in a timely manner and in full support and compliance with FHI360 and USAID branding and marking rules, guidelines and regulations.
- Completes detailed strategy write-ups, work plans, and delivers quarterly reports including reviewing reports and deliverables from partners and all other reporting requirements.
- Oversees the work of consultants and subcontractors, as required.
- Liaises and manages partner organizations at the district and local level involved in country program activities
- Work with a high degree of autonomy and independence in line with project goals and objectives. The selected candidates must be mission-driven, self-starters and committed to performing their duties with minimal direct and day-to-day supervision.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS STANDARDS:
- 3-6 years of experience in implementing and managing international health/development programs at the district, community and household level.
- A minimum of a university degree in social science, behavioral change communication or public health, strategic communication, or related field.
Specific Knowledge Requirements:
- Knowledge of state of the art social and behavior change communication models and strategies and their practical application to HIV/AIDS prevention and treatment and related areas, as well as strong public health technical knowledge in at least one or more of the field.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills in English
- Field experience in developing and implementing AGYW and HIV Case Findings projects and programs in Malawi at the district, zonal, community and household level that have demonstrated impact, at scale.
- Demonstrated strong technical, programming and management skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and negotiation skills and experience working in collaboration with the Ministry of Health, partners, donors and NGOs.
- Ability to set priorities while multi-tasking, and meet deadlines independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Proven ability to work as an effective team member and engage remotely when necessary
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.