Specific duties and responsibilities
- Communicate/advise Project Manager and HQ on the financial status of the project, create and maintain pipelines on a monthly basis and report funds availability for project activities.
- Oversee and support the monthly financial reports and other reports as needed to COP and HQ.
- Track the advances for individual staff and ensure they are reconciled as per FHI360 policy
- Ensure all transactions and activities are conducted in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and standards, USAID Regulations, and FHI 360 policies and procedures.
- Prepare and submit a detailed accounting of expenses, both electronically and paper, (imprest reports) to HQ by the third business day of the following month. For example, at the end of January this person will submit the January imprest report, both electronically and paper, by the third business day in February.
- Reconcile bank statements with accounting each month.
- Prepare and submit monthly cash flow projections for the project.
- Submit monthly updated Vacation/Sick Tracker for all staff
- Ensure copies are made of all transactions for quick reference and follow-up with HQ after submission
- Develop budgets for project activities and monitor expenses against activity budgets.
- Drafting and issuance of Requests for Applications (RFAs) in coordination with Technical Team
- Drafting and Award of Grants
- Ensure awards are competed and awarded in compliance with USAID and FHI 360 policies
- Grant administration and closeout.
- Serve as the liaison between the grantee organizations and FHI 360 to ensure contractual obligations for the projects are met and to process contractual actions such as specialized equipment purchases, deliverables, modifications, and closeouts.
- Ensure grantee financial and technical reporting is received on a timely basis.
- Review and provide individual feedback on all financial, performance, and M&E reports to each grantee organization in coordination with project technical staff.
- Maintain operations tracker to document process for each grant cycle. Compile and organize all grant materials.
- Monitor the performance of grantees and their compliance to the terms and conditions of their sub-awards
- Ensure that advances to partners are disbursed on time for continuous of activities
- Work closely with the COP to remedy any financial or performance issues to ensure smooth implementation, reporting and tracking of the individual project.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Coordinate the maintenance of office equipment
- Maintain inventory of office equipment and materials as per the USAID regulations.
- Ensure that the operations manual, procurement and grant filing systems are maintained.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Financial Management & Operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy from recognized institute
- Minimum of three years’ experience in accounting field with an international NGO.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel plus accounting software
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Ability to work well with others, including project staff, government counterparts, implementing agencies and vendors.
Specific Knowledge Requirements:
- Knowledge of and experience in accounts payable and receivable accounting systems
- Knowledge of and experience in contracts and grants management
- Hands-on experience with Accounting Computer Packages
- Experience with donor-funded projects USG preferred
- Ability to manage and work independently and efficiently
- Ability to travel as required
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.