DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides technical assistance in the development and implementation of rigorous social and behavior change communication strategies and materials (print and audio visual) for MNCH, malaria, WASH, nutrition, family planning, reproductive health programs, HIV/AIDS and other areas in all phases from formative research, through design, media and materials production, and evaluation.
- Provides technical leadership and design expertise in print and material development based on rigorous application of Social and Behavior Change Communication principles and current best practices.
- Responds to the specified deliverables and goals of the project and ensuring completion of tasks and materials development in a timely manner and in full support and compliance with FHI360 and USAID branding and marking rules, guidelines and regulations.
- Responds to specified SBCC requests of Malawi Health Service, USAID, USAID Implementing Partners and other Partners; and ensuring completion of tasks and materials development, printing and delivery in a timely manner and in full support and compliance with FHI360 and USAID branding and marking rules, guidelines and regulations
- Completes detailed strategy write-ups, work plans, creative briefs and delivers quarterly reports including reviewing reports and deliverables from partners and all other reporting requirements.
- Oversees the work of consultants and subcontractors, as required.
- Liaises and manages partner organizations involved in country program activities and working with the Senior Organizational and Capacity Development Advisor build the capacity of local organizations and Malawi Health Service elements through the development and implementation of capacity assessments, training courses, use of SBCC materials and other capacity strengthening activities.
- Work with the M&E and Media Advisors to inventory all social and behavior change communication materials by health topic and maintain an up to date data base of materials produced by Health Communication for Life Project, Government and other Partners.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS STANDARDS:
- 4-6 years of experience in implementing and managing international health/development programs in developing countries.
- A minimum of a university degree (Master’s degree preferred) in communication, social science, behavioral change communication, strategic communication, journalism, graphic design, public relations, marketing or related field.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.