ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides technical assistance in the development and implementation of rigorous social and behavior change/social marketing communication strategies and materials (print and audio visual) for WASH, nutrition, family planning, and reproductive health programs and other areas in all phases from formative research, through design, media and materials production, and evaluation.
- Provides technical leadership and design expertise in print and material development based on rigorous application of Social and Behavior Change /social marketing principles and current best practices.
- Responds to the specified deliverables and goals of the project and ensuring completion of tasks and materials development in a timely manner and in full support and compliance with FHI360 branding and marking rules, guidelines and regulations.
- Responds to specified SBC requests of Malawi Health Service and other implementing partners ensuring completion of tasks and materials development, printing and delivery in a timely manner.
- Completes detailed strategy write-ups, work plans, creative briefs and delivers quarterly reports including reviewing reports and deliverables from partners and all other reporting requirements.
- Oversees the work of consultants and subcontractors, as required.
- Liaises and manages partner organizations involved in country program activities and working with the other project staff build the capacity of local organizations and Malawi Health Service elements through the development and implementation of capacity assessments, training courses, use of SBCC materials and other capacity strengthening activities.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS STANDARDS:
- 4-6 years of experience in implementing and managing international health/development programs in developing countries.
- A minimum of a university degree (Master’s degree preferred) in communication, social science, behavioral change communication, social marketing strategic communication, journalism, graphic design, public relations, marketing or related field.
Specific Knowledge Requirements:
- Knowledge of state of the art social and behavior change communication models and strategies and their practical application to MNCH, family planning, nutrition, WASH, as well as strong public health technical knowledge in at least one or more of these fields.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of evidence-based SBCC materials particularly print media.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills in English and one or more additional Malawian languages required. Very strong writing skills will be required to develop program materials and report on program progress.
- Knowledge of evidence-based, innovative and practical solutions to communication challenges in developing countries.
- Field experience in developing and implementing SBCC projects and programs in Malawi and/or other regions that have demonstrated impact, at scale.
- Understanding of widely accepted formative research, pretesting, and monitoring and evaluation methodologies for effective SBCC interventions.
- Demonstrated strong technical, programming and management skills. Experience working with creative design agencies, materials development and production houses, public relations and print production firms is an asset.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and negotiation skills and experience working in collaboration with the Ministry of Health, partners, donors and NGOs.
- Ability to set priorities while multi-tasking, and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to work as an effective team member.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.