- Provides technical assistance, implements, and monitors M&E systems, to achieve programmatic goals.
- Ensure that appropriate M&E mechanisms are built into work plans and reporting and oversee quality assurance, data quality and reporting.
- Lead structured capacity building on data utilization to improve programming.
- Leads the performance monitoring of the program based on the performance monitoring, work and environmental and mitigation plans.
- As other monitoring, evaluation and reporting duties are identified over the life of the project this position would assume responsibility.
- Understands the HIV-related needs of Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) in Malawi, and has worked to support and monitor activities to reduce stigma and discrimination.
- Design, implementation, and management of monitoring and evaluation for HIV public health/international development programs funded by USAID.
- Proven skills in mentoring, leadership and networking.
- Proven skills in DHIS2
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding public health issues among key populations in Malawi.
- Ability to manage and complete numerous tasks with a high degree of organization and limited resources.
- Experience working with civil society organizations on monitoring and evaluation for HIV and/or health-related activities.
- Experience of establishing strong working relationships with colleagues from different organizations and cultures.
- Ability to meet deadlines with strong attention to consistency, detail, and quality.
- Ability to travel within country or region and internationally if needed.
- Advanced degree in public health, epidemiology, bio-statistics, demography and population studies or other related field preferred.
- At least seven years relevant work experience in Health and HIV/AIDS.
- Experience with USAID-funded activities, with PEPFAR monitoring, evaluation and reporting experience preferred.
- Experience in designing and implementing M&E systems and experience working with key population groups and PLHIV is essential.
- Experience with U.S. government rules and regulations and experience working in an international NGO/PVO environment desirable.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.