Catholic Development Commission in Malawi (CADECOM)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant post of an ACCOUNTANT tenable at CADECOM Offices in Likuni, Lilongwe.
The major role of the Accountant is to manage commission’s accounts in compliance with the archdiocese financial policy and donor agreements notwithstanding the Generally Accepted Accounting Practices (GAAP). He/ she shall be conversant with financial proposals being a member of resource mobilization team. He/ she shall also maintain good courtesy with donors in all areas of need; i.e. preparing and analyzing project financial reports as per budget lines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage staff payrolls
- Responsible for entering financial information and maintaining all financial records for projects and for the organization
- Maintaining donor agreements and staff contracts
- Manage financial controls, prepare and analyze budgets, develop financial reports, and make recommendations to the organization on budget
- Obtain approvals from the Commission’s Coordinator, IPC and the donors on all procurements and purchases for the projects and for the organization.
- Monitor expenditure to ensure that program funds are utilized appropriately
- Provide orientation and training to the organization staff on cost-effective management (value for money)
- Ensure that all financial reporting is completed and submitted to authority and stakeholders on time.
- Cooperate with internal and external auditors during financial audits of the commission and projects accounts.
- Provide financial inputs during Project Concept Note, Expressions of Interest and Proposal Development.
Requirement and qualification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or completion of ACCA Foundation Level 2
- Membership with Institute of Chartered Accountant in Malawi (ICAM)
- Competence in use of QuickBooks accounting package
- Possess leadership, initiative and team work attributes
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English communications.
Method of Application
Send your applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae, Copies of Academic and all relevant Certificates, and three contactable referees to the Archdiocesan CADECOM Coordinator on the Address below.
The Deadline for receiving applications is 19th February, 2020.