Save the Children International
Save the Children is inviting applications from suitably qualified person to fill the position of Project Officer. The position holder is responsible for coordinating district level implementation of Digital Health Care for Children (DHC4C) in the 2 target districts for the Project. The Digital Health Care for Children (DHC4C) Intervention will be delivered by HSAs in hard to reach communities in Malawi under the Ministry of Health (MOH)’s efforts on reduction of mortality and improve the health status of under 5 children through Integrated community case management (iCCM). Through this project HSAs will be given phones with an application that will help them in managing sick underfive children in the communities. The Senior HSAs will also supervise HSAs using the mobile application to strengthen and promote the management of a sick child in their communities. The project officer will work under the supervision of the field coordinator and in close coordination and collaboration with the MEAL Coordinator, Project Manager and MoH staff at national and district levels.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, digital health or other health related disciplines with strong digital health knowledge and background.
- At least three years of experience in implementation of digital health. Handling digital in community child health programs as well as iCCM in Malawi with demonstrated success in managing a digital health system will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge on implementation of child health or iCCM.
- Knowledge of policy and implementation frameworks for digital and child health strategies in Malawi.
- Ability and desire to work effectively in a team as well as independently
- Experience in training, facilitation and in providing technical assistance in digital health
- Experience in supervising and mentoring staff
- Good interpersonal and communication skills in English and Chichewa
- Very capable in computer software development and installation in relation to m-health applications