Save the Children
Save the Children is inviting applications from suitably qualified personnel to fill the position of Health & Nutrition Manager for Titukulane Programme based in Zomba. The primary purpose of the position is to provide leadership and technical support for the health and nutrition component of the Titukulane programme across all the implementing partners in Zomba and Mangochi Districts. The incumbent will ensure quality work is done by partners at all cost while at the same time making sure respective targets as led out in the detailed implementation plan (DIP) of the program. Reporting to Area Operations Manager, the Health & Nutrition Manager will work directly with Health & Nutrition Technical Coordinators from the implementing partners and all other relevant stakeholders at district level to plan including coordinating implementing and monitoring all interventions under health and nutrition component. This position falls under SCI but attached to the Project Management Unit (PMU) of the programme,
The position is available for initial 2 years and extension will be subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds. Titukulane is a 5 years’ programme.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Appropriate degree in Health, Nutrition, or a combination will be required. Master’s degree in the relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing nutrition or health or programs with a focus on gender.
- Knowledge of donor rules/regulations particularly FFP/USAID funded projects is important.
- Demonstrated project management skills and experience
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Self-starter and creative.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to represent the project and work effectively with a range of stakeholders, including government and partner NGOs.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Sound report writing skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge and experience in integration of child protection and gender across sectors.
- Experience in conducting organizational capacity assessment, developing capacity building plans and implementing strategic capacity building activities.