Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Malawi
CRS Malawi serves as the Lead Implementation Organization (LIO) for Restore Africa in Malawi in partnership with World Vison International Malawi, CARE International Malawi, Self Help Africa, Total Land Care, Organization for Sustainable Socio-Economic Development Initiative (OSSEDI), Catholic Development Commission in Malawi (CADECOM), and The International Centre for Research in Agroforestry (ICRAF).
As a member of the Restore Africa team, you will coordinate, monitor and report project land restoration and related activities, in support of Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work serving the poor and vulnerable. Your thorough and service-oriented approach will ensure that the project consistently applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve.
- Support the coordination and implementation of all assigned project activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules. Specifically, follow up on partners assessments and capacity building plans.
- Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities and assist in collecting and analyzing project MEAL data per specified mechanisms and tools. Prepare reports per established reporting schedule.
- Collect project specific information to monitor capacity building and technical support activities to ensure effective impact.
- Complete project documentation for assigned activities. Assist with identifying information for case studies and reports on promising practices.
- Supervise and perform ad-hoc inspections of various processes and resources at project sites to ensure timely project activities implementation and adherence to established process standards and procedures. Specifically follow up on partners compliance and reporting, including safeguarding.
- Ensure proper tracking of resource use for project activities through periodic budget reviews and follow-up with and assistance to implementing partner.
- Coordinate provision of any logistical and administrative support to staff and partners.
- Support the design process of project expansion with new investors.
- Bachelors degree required in the field of Natural Resources Management, Agriculture, Agribusiness, Agricultural Ecology, Food Security, Rural Development, or related fields.
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience in project support, ideally in the field of natural resource management, agriculture/agribusiness, livelihoods, or resilience program areas for an NGO or social enterprise.
- Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Experience working with partners, participatory action planning and community engagement.
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of land restoration, agroforestry or value chain programming