Department of Immigration and Citizenship Services
CORRIGENDUM ON CLOSING DATE OF RECEIVING APPLICATION LETTERS AND QUALIFICATION FOR THE POST OF IMMIGRATION RECRUIT (GRADE N)
MINISTRY OF HOMELAND SECURITY
DEPARTMENT OF IMMIGRATION & CITIZENSHIP SERVICES
The Department of Immigration and Citizenship Services falls under the Ministry of Homeland. It exists and governed by two Acts; The Citizenship Act (CAP 15: 01) and The Immigration Act (15:03) of the Laws of Malawi.
The Department exists to do the following;
- To manage people entering and leaving the country in order to uphold the security of the state.
- To process and issue Travel documents to eligible people in accordance with the international Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Standards.
- To monitor, track, apprehend, prosecute, deport, and repatriate illegal immigrants in order to promote security of the country and safeguard employment for Malawians.
Well secured and manage migration for Malawi
To provide sound migration management and achieve timely issuance of relevant documents to eligible persons for national security and social-economic development.
The Department is inviting applications from suitably qualified Malawians to fill the vacant posts currently existing in its establishment.
JOB TITLE : IMMIGRATION RECRUITS (GRADE N)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Processing Travel Documents, Permits, Citizenship and Visas I’m accordance with the existing policies.
- Screening and monitoring of people entering and exiting the territories of Malawi.
- Conducting Boarder patrols and snap checks in order to detect regular migrants.
- Patrolling along the Boarders in order to detect illegal entrants and settlers.
- Preparation and compiling monthly progress reports.
- Carrying out any other duties as assigned by The Director General from time to time.
The ideal candidates should have the following;
- Malawi School Certificate of Education (MSCE)
- Be between the age of 18 to 30 and single
- Be prepared to undergo a six (6) months intensive induction training which will lead to appointment as immigration constable (Grade L)
- Be of sound mind and physically fit to undergo a six (6) months intensive induction training and physical exercise as part of the interview process
- Be willing to undergo a full medical examination
- Have a good command of both written and spoken English Language
- Must not have been convicted of any crime
- Be willing to work in all districts of the country
- Required height is 1.65 metres for male applicants and 1.58 metres for female
- National Identity Card
Age will not be applied to already serving employees
Those who already applied need not to apply again as their applications will still be processed
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Those meeting the above qualifications should submit their applications in their own handwriting stating their educational qualifications, age and Marital status, not later than 24th November 2023 to;
The Director General,
Department of Immigration and Citizenship Services,
P. O. Box 331,
ATTENTION: The Head of Human Resources
Employment type: Full-time
Job deadline: 24th November 202
Institution: Department of Immigration and Citizenship Services