Our Client, the Malawi Confederation of Chambers of Commerce and Industry, seeks to recruit a suitably qualified person to fill the position of Chief Executive Officer. The position is tenable in Blantyre.
The Malawi Confederation of Chambers of Commerce and Industry (‘MCCCI,’ or ‘the Confederation’|) is a member based association with the mandate of lobbying and advocating for interests of its members and providing business and trade development and facilitation services to the members. Its vision is to create and deliver value that responds to the existing and emerging needs of its members countrywide. MCCCI has offices in Blantyre – Head Office, Lilongwe and Mzuzu.
The Chief Executive Officer will be responsible for providing high profile executive leadership to the entire Secretariat in order to fulfil the Confederation’s mission and vision, implement the approved strategic plan and develop business strategies toward a successful and financially stable future of the Confederation.
The position’s key accountabilities include the following:
- Operate within and advance the policies and priorities of the Confederation as governed by Council;
- Ensure that the priorities and initiatives of the Confederation support and serve to advance the needs of the Confederation’s members;
- Promote and support member participation in the Confederation’s activities and events;
- Build the brand image of the Confederation as perceived by the members and the public;
- Ensure that the Confederation is financially stable; and Provide day-to-day leadership, including management of resources and assets.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS: The position’s key performance areas, include the following:
- Manage day-to-day operations of the Confederation, including implementation of the Confederation’s Strategic Plan, for successful delivery of services, programmes and events;
- Develop staff through provision of direction, coaching, mentoring, training, support and delegation of responsibilities; and
- Direct the annual and long term planning process of the Confederation.
Partnerships and Advocacy
- Serve as principal spokesperson and ambassador for the Confederation;
- Represent the Confederation at business, public, and legislative events and meetings; and
- Build partnerships and relationships with key stakeholder organizations in the private and public sectors, and the development community for the benefit of members.
- Participate in high level membership and sponsorship activities of the Confederation; and
- Identify and implement value enhancements to the existing tiers of membership.
- Identify and develop innovative non-subscription revenue generating programmes and events; and
- Coordinate the indentification on non-traditional sources of finance for investments in long term projects.
• Serve as Secretary and provide support to Council and Council Committee meetings.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND APTITUDES:
- An advanced University degree in Economics, Business, or related discipline, with 10+ years of senior management experience.
- Highly developed competencies in oral and written communication; talent development and management; organizational management; public speaking: financial management; and project management.
- Ability to multi-task and simultaneously responding to organization needs in a prompt manner.
- Entrepreneurial spirit – ability to keep up-to-date with developments and trends and exploiting opportunities presented while moderating threats.
- Ability to solve problems, to collaborate in planning, to make decisions, and to seek solutions to resolve issues.
- Unqualified integrity and honesty – must be of upright standing in society.
Applicants, meeting the required qualifications, experience, and competencies, should send their application letter + a detailed curriculum vitae, and names of three traceable referees, to the address listed, below, quoting reference number: CO 2023/11/01′.
Applications submission deadline is: Wednesday, 22 November 2023. Only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.
HR Search & Outsourcing
Blantyre: Global House, Kristwick, Chipembere Highway, Box 2051, Blantyre, Malawi
Lilongwe: Honeywell Plaza, Area 14, City Centre, Box 30440, Lilongwe 3, Malawi
Mzuzu: MPICO House, Box 33, Mzuzu, Malawi
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org