The International Training and Education Center for Health (I-TECH) is a center in the University of Washington’s Department of Global Health that works in partnership with the University of California, San Francisco. I-TECH has projects in more than 20 countries, and its worldwide staff work with local ministries of health, universities, non-governmental organizations, medical facilities, and other partners to support efficient, well-ordered health care systems that provide high quality care to all citizens. I-TECH Malawi’s HIV Surveillance for Epidemic Control project focuses on provision of comprehensive and cost-effective support for capacity building and implementation of national surveillance systems and the generation of high-quality epidemiological data collected in accordance with international standards.
1-TECH Malawi wishes to recruit highly qualified and experienced person to fill the following position:
This position is responsible for providing support to I-TECH Malawi Country Office and its seconded staff. The driver is responsible for providing efficient transport services and ensuring the vehicles are well maintained at all times
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Keep official vehicles clean, both the interior and exterior.
- Ensure that vehicles are in good running condition at all times.
- Conduct daily checks for fuel, water and oil levels
- Ensure timely maintenance, servicing and repair of vehicles
- Ensure vehicle has up to date log book
- Ensure the road tax, certificate of fitness and insurance documents are up to date
- Keep an orderly file of all vehicle documents
- Ensure all vehicles carry a spare wheel in good order as well as tools and triangles
- Ensure all requests for travel or to run errands for any office staff have are authorized by the office and documented
- Adhere to speed limits enforced by Malawi law.
- Ensure all passengers wear seat belts at all times
- Ensure the First Aid kit is kept in the vehicle at all times.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Malawi school Certificate of Education
- Authentic Valid driver’s license
- 3 years experience in a similar position
- Fluent spoken and written English
Applications with Curriculum Vitae (CV), three traceable referees and relevant copy certificates should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for receiving applications is 25th September 2023. I-TECH Malawi, an equal opportunity employer, appreciates all applications. However, only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.