NBS Bank Plc
NBS Bank Plc invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced internal candidates to fill vacant positions named below, tenable in different specified departments.
LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT MANAGER – (Human Resources Department)
Purpose of the Position
Reporting to the Head of Human Resources , the role exists to build organisation capacity to support the Bank’s Performance Objectives in line with HR strategy as well as the Bank Strategy.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Identifies and analyses learning and development (L & D) needs for the Bank.
- Consolidates the learning needs at different levels of authority and plans necessary L & D interventions
- Engages with Head of Departments ( HODs) and other Stakeholders regarding implementation of the annual training plans.
- Builds and sustains relationships with all stakeholders such as TEVETA, Institute of Bankers Malawi.
- Enhances the connection between the performance management system and the training and development system by setting a prior conception and plan to determine training requirements according to the priorities of the Bank and the results of performance evaluation on the other.
- Develops and updates training manuals, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials and updates/stocks the Library in liaison with Business Units and submits to Head Human Resources for approval.
- Compiles and manages Bank’s Training and Development Budget, including Inhouse trainings, external Leadership Development programs and submits to Head of Human Resources for approval.
- Coordinates the payment process of all training related costs such as annual subscription fees, payment to professional bodies, external vendors, venues, institutions, caterers, training partners in liaison with Finance and Procurement Managers respectively.
- Consolidates education scheme applications and compiles an annual budget for Head Human Resources` approval.
- Prepares and submits a monthly Training and Development report including findings and recommendations to the Head Human Resources for approval.
- Reviews and evaluates training and Internship/apprenticeship programs in liaison with Business Units.
- Evaluates internal and external instructor performance and the effectiveness of training programs, providing recommendations for improvement.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, Education or any related field from a recognized tertiary institution.
Experience and Skills
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a Learning and Development role in a busy environment
- Should be adaptable and comfortable working with huge volumes of data and paperwork, and willingness to learn new ways of working.
- Good communication and presentation skills at all levels.
- Should have integrity and value people as resources of competitive advantage.
- Above average computer aptitude (word and Excel)
Candidates meeting the above minimum requirements and are interested in the above position should send their applications and up-dated CVs with names of three (3) referees, and copies of certificates, to the following address: –
Head of Human Resources
NBS Bank Plc
P.O. Box 32251
Or alternatively, send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for receiving applications is Friday, 22nd September 2023.
Only short-listed applicants shall be acknowledged.