Malawi Broadcasting Corporation
MBC is inviting applications from suitably qualified and business oriented persons to fill vacant position existing in its Commercial Services Department as follows:
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
The purpose of the position is to identify or drive new business thereby improving revenue goals and profitability for the Corporation. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following key duties and responsibilities:
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build existing and develop new business relationships
- Create, monitor, and report on key performance metrics to determine effectiveness of sales efforts and anticipate customer needs.
- Secure new business using a variety of methods.
- Work with sales team to identify, develop, and articulate new business opportunities.
- Identify and communicate sales opportunities throughout the organization.
- Provide support to sales team and individuals by preparing reports and presentations.
- Assist with special projects and tasks as requested.
- Drive sales activity through business development efforts with companies and potential clients.
- Prepare revenue forecasts based on current sales trends.
- Develop and present business proposals for the Commercial department in liaison with Superiors.
- Meet with potential clients to present company offerings, negotiate and close business deals.
- Conduct market research to identify new business opportunities and their requirements.
- Understand potential of markets and develop relevant strategies specific to the markets to achieve growth and margin expansion.
- Keep abreast of market trends and competitive activities, maintain current knowledge.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date information on prospects, clients, and accounts.
- Determine the most viable, cost-effective approach to pursue new business opportunities.
- Promote continued business relations with both new and existing customers.
- Coordinate activities with other departments.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Marketing, Administration or its equivalent
- At least five years’ work experience in a similar field.
Interested Candidates should send their applications, updated Curriculum Vitae with at least three traceable referees and copies of certificates not later than 30th September 2023 to:
The Director General,
Malawi Broadcasting Corporation,
P.O. Box 30133,
CHICHIRI, BLANTYRE 3.
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged and invited for the interviews
MBC is an equal opportunity employer