Applications are invited from suitably qualified, mature and well experienced persons to fill the following position at Kamuzu Academy, Kasungu.
- Have qualification to Diploma or Advanced Certificate level in general fitting Malawi TEVET Qualification or City and Guilds).
- Have minimum of 5 (five) rears’ proven hands on experience in mechanical and infrastructure maintenance management
- Strong technical knowledge of mechanical, plumbing, carpentry, electrical systems
- Ability to effectively multitask and supervise multidisciplinary teams
- Excellent leadership, communication and problem solving skills
- Strong understanding of health and salty regulations
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office application and report writing
- Flexibility to work outside regular normal working hours
Duties and Responsiblities
- Planning and executing daily maintenance activities.
- Monitoring progress and quality of work in construction projects and maintenance activities
- Compiling daily, weekly and monthly maintenance reports
- Assisting in sourcing of maintenance resources, services and third party repairs to ensure quality of work.
- Maintain accurate records of maintenance activities, equipment down time and repair costs
- Develop and implement preventive maintenance programs for all equipment and machinery.
- Establish standards and quality of work specifications for maintenance activities and projects
- Respond to emergencies and resolve them efficiently.
- Establish and enforce standards of health and safety to ensure compliance with regulations
The Academy will offer a competitive salary, accommodation and other benefits to the successful candidate for each position. Kamuzu Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate applicants based on any other factor apart from their suitability for the position applied for.
Those interested should email their application letters together with updated Curriculum Vitae (CVs), three traceable referees and contact details to,
The Human Resources Manager
Remember to dearly indicate the position being applied for in the email subject line otherwise your email will not be attended to.
Closing date for receiving applications is 31st May 2023 at 5 pm.