National Water Resources Authority (NWRA)
The National Water Resources Authority (NWRA) is a statutory organization established by the Water Resources Act of 2013 with a specific function to regulate and manage water resources. Furthermore, the NWRA seeks to ensure the sustainable use of water resources and address the water resources planning, development and management challenges. In its effort to sustainably manage water resources well, the NWRA seeks to recruit members of staff. In this regard, NWRA invites applications from suitably, qualified and
experienced persons to fill the following vacant position: –
Post : Senior Licensing Officer
Grade : NW 4
Responsible to : Licencing Manager
Responsible for : Licensing Officer
Purpose of the Job
To review and assess applications and issue licences requiring water abstraction and effluent discharge.
- Liaise with Civic Education Office to bring awareness about the requirements of permits and licences to clients.
- Analysing and recommending licence applications.
- Reviewing and implementing license applications guidelines
- Collecting and maintaining licences data and records
- Ensuring that all licensing fees are collected and recorded in an efficient and effective manner.
- Allocating and supervising work of the Licencing Officer
- Preparing and producing periodic reports for hearings and committees whenever applicable.
Minimum Qualification and Experience
- Bachelors of Science in Water Resource Management, Social Science or Related field
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience as Licencing Officer Level.
Additional Skills and Abilities
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Good communication skills both oral and written
- Good understanding of relevant laws and office procedures
Attention to detail
- Integrity, honesty and confidentiality
The NWRA is an equal opportunity employer. Therefore, both male and female persons including persons with disabilities, who meet the prerequisite qualifications and experience are encouraged to apply.
An attractive remuneration package comprising a competitive salary and benefits will be offered to the successful candidates. The NWRA also offers excellent career development opportunities.
Interested persons should submit their application with up-to-date detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of certificates including names and addresses of three traceable referees, to reach the undersigned not later than the 31st March, 2023. Only complete application will be considered. All late applications shall not be considered.
The Executive Director,
National Water Resources Authority (NWRA),
Private Bag 363,
You can also send your application through emails below:
Copy: [email protected]