Ministry of Labour
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Malawians, Civil Servants or non-civil servants, as the case may be, depending on the requirements or the post, for the vacancies listed below existing in the Civil Service:
MINISTRY OF LABOUR
Post : Teacher/Instructor (Carpentry and Joinery) (Grade TI)
Salary : Within the Grade TI salary scale segment
Location : Ministry of Labour
Applicants must be in possession of a Bachelor Degree in Education (Technical Education) /Bachelor of Science (Technical Education); Bachelor of Arts (Teaching Studies); AND Malawi Advanced Craft Certificate/Malawi Advanced TEVET certificate in Carpentry and Joinery or equivalent qualifications; and Malawi Certificate of Education (MSCE).
- Teaching according to approved syllabus and methodology;
- Assessing, recording and reporting on student progress;
- Preparing schemes of work and lesson plans;
- Organizing teaching and learning materials for both theory and practical lessons;
- Enforcing students discipline;
- Maintaining class register and student progress records;
- Maintaining available tools and equipment in the section;
- Attending to delegated responsibilities;
- Enforcing classroom and workshop rules and regulations; and
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned.
Documentary evidence of major requirements specified in the advertisement shall be required during interviews. Serving officers will also be required to demonstrate during the interviews
that they are permanent and pensionable officers in the Civil Service by producing letters of confirmation in appointment in addition to letters of condition of appointment on probation (PSR 19).
Civil Service Commission is an equal opportunity employer: All qualified individuals are welcome to apply. Interested qualified candidates should submit their applications together with copies of relevant Certificates and Curriculum Vitae to:
Civil Service Commission
P.O. Box 30133
Email: [email protected]
To reach him not later than 10 February, 2023