Pyxus Agriculture Limited
Pyxus Agriculture Limited is a subsidiary of a trusted provider of responsibly sourced, independently verified, sustainable and traceable agricultural products and ingredients, operating in Malawi servicing the needs of its shareholders and their customers. A job opportunity has arisen at Pyxus Agriculture Limited for the position of Field Technician.
VACANCY: TRAINEE FIELD TECHNICIAN
Reporting directly to the Area Field Supervisor (AFS), the Field Technician shall ensure the efficiency of all operations related to smallholder farmers in the scheme assigned to him/her in accordance with the pillars of the Sustainable Tobacco Progamme; Agriculture Labour Practices and Best Practices for Groundnuts Production in order to attain total product integrity.
- Responsible for sensitisation and contracting of growers for production of Groundnuts and Tobacco.
- Responsible for doily management of groundnuts and tobacco production by Smallholder farmers in a scheme of approximately 120 ha through Integrated Production System (IPS).
- Conducting demonstrations and training of Smallholder farmers on Best Practices for Tobacco & Groundnuts Production.
- Timely distribution of Production Inputs and recovery of Tobacco and Groundnuts grown by Contracted farmers.
- Conducting data collection and surveys throughout the growing season using smartphones.
- Maintenance of relationships with farmers and the surrounding communities as the representative for Pyxus Agriculture Limited.
- Integration of Sustainable Tobacco Programme (STP) procedures and guidelines in all smallholder tobacco production activities.
- Implementation of customer programmes and participation in other social responsibility programs as advised by management from time to time.
- Timely submission of reports.
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of a Diploma in Agriculture obtained from a recognized university or college.
- Not less than three years’ experience in provision of extension services focusing on crop production with Smallholder Farmer communities.
- Ability to ride a motorcycle with a valid motorcycle licence will be an added advantage.
- Dynamic self-starter with excellent communication and inter personal skills able to interact with farmers workers, managers, smallholder farmers and rural communities.
- Socially responsible with a passion for improving farmer livelihoods, caring for our planet through planting of trees and being an advocate for principles of Agricultural Labour Practice.
- Technology conversant and able to use smartphones, e-mall and Internet.
- Be of sober habits and willing to work at odd hours or on weekends where required.
- Be prepared to be allocated in rural communities within the Central and Northern regions of Malawi.
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Advancement of career through in-house training prog rams.
Send your application and Curriculum Vitae (CV) with your contact phone numbers and names of throe traceable referees to the address below, no later than 30th November 2022.
The Human Resources Controller
Pyxus Agriculture Limited
P.O. Box 40048
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.