Who is Water Mission?
Water Mission is a nonprofit Christian engineering organization that designs, builds, and implements safe water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) solutions for people in developing countries and disaster areas. Guided by love, excellence, and integrity, we are driven to share clean, safe water and God’s love with all. To date, we have served more than 7 million people in 57 countries. Working at Water Mission is as much a calling as it is a career, and we are searching for people with the courage, passion, and drive to help us change the world. Read more about our Statement of Faith and Christian Mission.
Evangelism & Discipleship (E&D) Officer
Under the direction of the Community Development Coordinator, the Evangelism and Discipleship (E&D) Officer is responsible for implementing WMM programs in E&D, Health & Hygiene, and Micro-Enterprise & Sustainability within the Country Program following established standards and procedures. This position requires that the person resides near the office (Lilongwe). This position requires travel to remote locations within Malawi to support the implementation of E&D at all levels and occasionally assist with other Community Development activities.
Status: Full-time employment but renewed annually.
Key Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand, support, and nurture the Vision, Mission, and Core Values of the organization.
- Review and develop the E&D curriculum as well as other training and learning materials.
- Develop activity budgets and work plans in liaison with the Community Development Coordinator.
- Organize and conduct E&D training programs for WMM staff, WASH (water, sanitation, and hygiene) Actors, Pastors, and other religious leaders of different
denominations in areas where WMM implements projects.
- Organize and implement other activities to share the gospel in communities, hospitals, and schools.
- Coordinate mission teams with strategic partners.
- Mobilize and assist local Churches in integrating holistic ministry into their theology and life.
- Network and collaborate with faith-based Non-Government Organisations (NGOs), Churches, and other religious groups.
- Mobilize religious leaders/communities to support the implementation and sustainability of Safe Water Projects.
- Implement community development aspects of projects according to Water Mission standards when required.
- Compile and submit prayer ripples to the Head office on a weekly basis.
- Provide timely, professional, and courteous communication through the appropriate channels.
- Ensure that financial requests and reconciliations for activities are presented promptly.
- Make periodic field activity reports and photos.
- Make follow-ups on target beneficiaries to obtain testimonies and document impact stories.
- Perform any other duties as assigned from time to time.
Minimum Requirements, Education, and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Theology, Christian Education, Religious Studies, Divinity, or any other related field. A Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- An understanding of and commitment to the mission of the organization.
- A clear, God-given calling to the Mission.
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience in coordinating missions, evangelism, and discipleship programs.
- Experience in cross-cultural work, church structures, and building inter-church coalitions with a strong understanding of local culture.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office computer applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and presentation skills with strong public speaking.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Good photography and documentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and high level of integrity.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Applications should be emailed to either:
- Directly via the Water Mission Website (watermission.org) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Water Mission Postal Address: P.O. Box 31871, Capital City, Lilongwe, Malawi
Applications must include a cover letter, curriculum vitae, copies of academic certificates, Testimonials, and contacts of three traceable referees.
Applications shall be received no later than 29th November 2022
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for an interview.