ActionAid Malawi is a locally registered non‐governmental organisation under the Company’s Act 1984 as a company limited by guarantee and is affiliated to ActionAid International, a federation of national organizations working in over 45 countries in Africa, Asia, America and Europe regions. ActionAid International is a global justice Federation working to achieve social justice, gender equality and poverty eradication. ActionAid works to strengthen the capacity and active agency of people living in poverty and exclusion, especially women, to assert their rights.
ActionAid now invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant position:
Position: Project Field Facilitator (FARMSE)
Reporting to: Cluster Manager
Duration: 10 months renewable dependent on performance and availability of funding
Location: Dedza- TA Kaphuka.
Role Overview: The role holder shall facilitate planning, implementation, evaluation and impact assessment of Financial Access for Rural Markets, Smallholders and Enterprises (FARMES) project in line with ActionAid Malawi and donor strategies and priorities at TA level, including identification and capacity building of Village Agents (VAS), training and supervision of VSL groups, community mobilization, data collection and upload, and networking with TA and district stakeholders.
1. Project Planning, Implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Facilitate the implementation of project plans and budgets in line with implementation schedules and procedures.
- Facilitates analysis and development of activity project plans and budgets with Vas.
- Compiles monthly, quarterly, mid-year and annual reports.
- Facilitates implementation of M&E and impact assessment frameworks and indicators for the project.
- Facilitates formation and training of VSLs.
- Facilitates all logistics for the TA with national and cluster offices.
2. Identification and capacity building of Village Agents
- Identifies Village Agents and conducts initial assessment of existing VSLs in the TA.
- Identifies VAs capacity gaps and needs and facilitates their capacity to enable them implement quality and high impact programmes.
- Identifies competent sector trainers for capacity building activities.
- Provides technical direction to Vas on activity implementation.
- Links Vas and VSLs to other financial service providers and institutions.
3. Data collection and update of VSL groups in DHIS2
- Regularly collects, consolidates and uploads data for the project into DHIS2.
- Trains, coaches and supervises Vas in data collection and upload.
4. Community mobilization and capacity building of CBFOs
- Conducts mapping of stakeholders on VSLs and IGAs.
- Identifies areas and categories for new VSLs.
- Markets and mobilizes community to join CSLs.
- Organizes and coordinates trainings for CBFOs in VSLs, IGAs, value chains and business management.
5. Finance Management, Organizational resources and responsibilities
- Manages organizational funds through activity floats
- Manages data collection equipment, VSL tool kits and Vas bicycles.
- Manages office and capital items.
- Maintains motorcycle log book entries.
- Prepares procurement requisitions, payment requests etc.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Minimum of Diploma in Rural / Community Development, Agriculture and other relevant development area.
- Have at least 2 years post qualification experience in managing rural development project including Community Based Financial Organizations and livelihoods.
- 2 or more year’s practical experience in managing CBFO such as VSLs.
- Experience in digital data collection and upload
- Able to live/work in rural areas.
- Thorough understanding of CBFOs, VSLs and other saving schemes.
- Community mobilization skills.
- Networking, influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Motorcycle riding skills and clean valid license.
How to apply:
Interested individuals should apply to: The Executive Director, Action Aid Malawi, P.O. Box 30735 Lilongwe 3, Malawi. Email: Recruitment.Malawi@actionaid.org Submission should be made by 5pm; 24th January, 2022Malawi time.
ActionAid Malawi welcomes applications from all sections of the community and promotes diversity. All applications will be considered on their individual merit. An attractive compensation package will be offered to the successful candidate, in line with ActionAid Malawi Pay and Benefits Policy. Suitably qualified Malawian nationals, especially women leaders, are encouraged to apply. Due to high volumes of applications received, we can only correspond with short listed applicants.