Malawi Communications Regulatory Authority (MACRA)
A. INTRODUCTION AND BACKGROUND
The Malawi Communications Regulatory Authority (MACRA) is a statutory body established under the Communications Act (Cap. 68:01 of the Laws of Malawi) to regulate the provision of services in the communications sector of Malawi, comprising telecommunications, posts and broadcasting.
Under the Communications Act, MACRA is mandated to regulate and monitor the provision of communications services and ensure that, as far as it is practicable, reliable and affordable communications services are provided throughout Malawi and are sufficient to meet the demand for such services in accordance with the principles of transparency, certainty, market orientation, efficiency, and consumer satisfaction. The Vision of MACRA is to be a world class regulator ensuring universal access to ICT services.
In order to fulfil its mandate effectively and efficiently with strategic leadership and management, excellent and rare opportunities have arisen to engage qualified persons of Malawian origin, to fill Various positions tenable at its MACRA Head Office in Blantyre.
The cited positions are highly demanding that require persons who have demonstrable capacity to initiate innovations geared at making MACRA a rejuvenated, vibrant and competitive Authority. The following are the details of the vacant position:
SPECTRUM MONITORING OFFICER (Grade M6)
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertakes daily monitoring of frequencies to determine utilization in relation to prescribed license conditions;
- Captures data on all equipment on technical specifications for existing and new spectrum licensees;
- Provides technical assistance to all spectrum users and solutions to all frequency interference problems;
- Prepares spectrum utilization reports based on operators’ technical audit;
- Maintains the Frequency Management and Monitoring (FMM) equipment with all its associated remote stations;
- Prepares reports on operators of FMM equipment.
Required qualification and experiences
- Must have a Diploma in Telecommunications. Electrical engineering.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering will be an added advantage.
- Three years’ experience working in telecommunications sector.
B. TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
MACRA shall offer an attractive employee benefits package to successful candidates in accordance with its emolument structure commensurate with qualifications and experience, which includes salary, medical insurance, and membership to a contributory medical scheme.
C. METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applications including a covering letter explaining your suitability for the position, a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) giving full details of qualifications and experience, certified copies of relevant certificates, and names and addresses of three traceable referees, one of which must be from the most recent employer should be sent to the following address not later than 28th January 2022.
The Director General
Malawi Communications Regulatory Authority Board,
Private Bag 322,
Only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged