Afrox Malawi Limited
A vacancy exists for Driver – Heavy Goods Vehicle based at Afrox Head Office in Blantyre, reporting to the Distribution Coordinator.
The main purpose of this position is to provide a delivery service to customers to ensure customer satisfaction.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Loading the truck, including gathering invoices, calculating product delivery totals for picking and receiving
- Delivering the products, including offloading/decanting the products
- Complete all documentation e.g. Trip Sheets, Delivery Notes etc. accurately
- Assist with route planning and management of the vehicle
- Ensure that the vehicle is clean at all times
- Ensure that a pre and post trip checklist is completed daily
- Ensure adherence to all distribution standards
- Comply with Company standard with regards to Traccess requirements
- Comply with all Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality Standards
- Identify and report unsafe conditions on route and at delivery points
- Ensure that density conversions are calculated accurately.
The successful candidate should be in possession of a Malawi School Certificate of Education (MSCE) with a minimum of 3 years driving experience. Furthermore, a valid Code CE rivers licence. This position requires an energetic person with initiative to produce results. Good
communication skills and the ability to pay attention to detail and ability to read and write English is essential.
Further competencies include customer focus, visible leadership and cross-cultural communication and co operation. Those with experience in sales or customer service will have an added advantage.
Please take note that the successful candidate will be subject to pre-employment medical before any offer of the employment can be made.
Only candidates who meet the above requirements need apply giving current CVs, enclosing copies of relevant certificates, indicating three traceable work referees and day time telephone numbers, not later than Friday 19th January, 2022 to:
The Human Resources Manager
Afrox Malawi Limited
Johnson Road/Ginnery Corner
P O Box 30500
Only short-listed candidates shall be responded to.