Mwanza District Council
Mwanza District Council is inviting applications from suitably qualified Malawians to fill vacant positions existing at the District Council.
Job Title : Community Development Assistant (3 posts)
Grade : M/M11
Location: Mwanza District Council
Salary : Within Grade M/M11 salary scale segment
Duties and Responsibilities
- Control and supervise adult literacy classes
- Train community leaders, adult literacy instructors, project management and other development committees in the area
- Monitor and supervise self-help projects and other community development activities
- Facilitate organization of adult literacy classes, presentation of certificates, formation of adult literacy committees and establishment of rural community information centres
- Prepare reports and submit to the District community development officer
- Assist community leaders on planning, organizing and implementation of self-help projects
- Organize and mobilize communities for community development activities
- Organize, train and supervise Business/SLICOMSIP groups or clusters
- Plan, organize and implement home Management and nutrition activities
- Assist in appraising the performance of cluster supervisors, adult literacy instructors, community based trainers and other community volunteers
- Coordinate and collaborate with other extension workers in the work area
- Facilitate formation and training of development structures of community level e.g. village development committees, village civil protection committees, village nutrition coordination committees etc
- Work hand in hand with community volunteers in execution of community programs xiv.
- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned from time to time
Applicants must be holders of a Certificate in community development obtained from a recognized institution and Malawi School Certificate of Education and be aged between 21 to 40 years.
Applications should be addressed to:
Appointments and Disciplinary Committee,
All applications with relevant copies of your certificates, Curriculum vitae and National Identity Cards must be sent not later than 24th January 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged and invited for interviews. Clearly indicate the post you are applying for on the envelope.