Malawi Housing Corporation
The Malawi Housing Corporation, a statutory corporation established by the Malawi Housing
Corporation Act (cap.32.02) of the Laws of Malawi is looking for suitably qualified, dynamic and experienced, mature individuals to fill the following vacant positions in its establishment. The position is tenable at Head Office in Blantyre.
Malawi Housing Corporation was established through the Malawi Housing Act of 1964 (Chapter 32.02 of the Laws of Malawi). Its mandate is to construct houses, develop plots and maintain the existing houses and plots. The Act was amended by Parliament in December 2016 extending the mandate to enable the Corporation operate as a commercial entity.
To be a leading provider of decent and affordable housing and ancillary services for Malawi.
To provide and facilitate decent and affordable housing and commercial infrastructure through
plot development, construction, maintenance and property management, in an environmentally sustainable manner and as a profit-making entity.
ARCHITECTURAL SERVICES MANAGER
Reporting to the Director of Technical Services, the incumbent is expected to provide Leadership and Direction in the Management of Architectural Services
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Developing, coordinating and monitoring architectural policies, programs and
- Developing, division budget and monitoring its implementation
- Designing building structure
- Providing architectural advice on building structure
- Supervising building works and administering building contracts
- Obtaining client briefs on behalf of MHC on a commercial basis
- Conducting feasibility studies
- Conducting research on new design trends and technologies
- Developing resource mobilization strategies and monitoring implementation
- Allocating work and appraising staff
- Issuing of Architectural Instructions (Ais)
- Preparing and submitting timely and regular reports.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or its equivalent
• Be a registered Architect with Professional License in Architecture
• Minimum of three (3) years’ work experience in similar position.
DESIRED QUALITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- Ability to plan job activities at a high level
- Self-starter and innovative requiring minimum supervision
- Conversant with appropriate Architectural and project management software packages
e.g. AutoCAD, Micro soft Project, Micro station, Micro soft publisher, photo shop and power
- Resilience and ability to work long hours
- Able to supervise and motivate staff
- Analytical and problem-solving skills and
- Team player
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Application letters together with the detailed Curriculum Vitae (CVs) including three traceable
referees and copies of certificates in a sealed envelope clearly stating the position applied for
should addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Malawi Housing Corporation
P.O. Box 414
and should be dropped in a box marked ‘Application Letters’ at MHC Head Office, Reception or be posted to the above address.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 10th December, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates shall be acknowledged and invited for interviews.