Malawi Housing Corporation
The Malawi Housing Corporation, a statutory corporation established by the Malawi Housing
Corporation Act (cap.32.02) of the Laws of Malawi is looking for suitably qualified, dynamic and experienced, mature individuals to fill the following vacant positions in its establishment. The position is tenable at Head Office in Blantyre.
Malawi Housing Corporation was established through the Malawi Housing Act of 1964 (Chapter 32.02 of the Laws of Malawi). Its mandate is to construct houses, develop plots and maintain the existing houses and plots. The Act was amended by Parliament in December 2016 extending the mandate to enable the Corporation operate as a commercial entity.
To be a leading provider of decent and affordable housing and ancillary services for Malawi.
To provide and facilitate decent and affordable housing and commercial infrastructure through
plot development, construction, maintenance and property management, in an environmentally sustainable manner and as a profit-making entity.
QUANTITY SURVEYING SERVICES MANAGER
Reporting to the Director of Technical Services the incumbent is expected to manage quantity
surveying services for Malawi Housing Corporation
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Developing, coordinating and implementing policies, plans, strategies systems and
procedures relating to quantity surveying services.
- Estimating construction costs
- Conducting valuation for monthly payment
- Production of bills of quantities for MHC and for private clients on behalf of MHC on a
- Planning and budgeting for the Division
- Identifying, pricing and agreeing on projects costs and variations
- Reporting on tenders and procuring of contractors
- Liaising with Architects on specifications and designs of construction projects.
- Sourcing and monitoring contractors and suppliers
- Communicating on daily basis with sites and sub-contractors
- Checking quality and cost on finished works
- Checking sub-contractor invoices and certifying payments.
- Allocating work and appraising staff
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Quantity Surveying
- Must be registered with Board of Architects & Quantity Surveying or Equivalent professional
- Minimum of three (3) years’ work experience in quantity surveying
DESIRED QUALITIES AND COMPETENCIES
• Leadership and organisation skills
• Computer literate
• Planning and coordination skills
• Self-starter and innovative requiring minimum supervision.
• Resilience and ability to work long hours in difficulty environment.
• Team player
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Application letters together with the detailed Curriculum Vitae (CVs) including three traceable
referees and copies of certificates in a sealed envelope clearly stating the position applied for
should addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Malawi Housing Corporation
P.O. Box 414
and should be dropped in a box marked ‘Application Letters’ at MHC Head Office, Reception or be posted to the above address.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 10th December, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates shall be acknowledged and invited for interviews.