Power Market Limited (PML)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons of Malawian Nationality to fill the following vacant posts tenable at Power Market Limited (PML) in Lilongwe.
Power Market Limited (PML) is a State-owned Enterprise dully incorporated on 25th June 2018 as a public company under the Companies Act (Cap. 46:03 of the Laws of Malawi) and is responsible for the management of procurement of electricity and related services, which includes planning, scheduling, procuring and settlement, in Malawi.
JOB TITLE: CHAUFFEUR/DRIVER
REPORTING TO: SENIOR HR AND ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
TO OPERATE A VEHICLE AND DRIVE STAFF FROM ONE PLACE TO ANOTHER IN A SAFE MANNER
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Driving company (PML) vehicles on official trips as necessary.
- Ensuring that PML vehicles are well maintained and policies are adhered to.
- Maintaining vehicle mileage and related records as required.
- Ensuring that the office vehicle has necessary equipment/ accessories.
- Assisting with cleaning and other office duties like making photocopies and binding of documents, and other office reception duties.
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of MSCE Certificate.
- Valid Malawian Driver’s License.
- Minimum five years’ experience of driving, three years of which should be on up-country routes and experience in 4×4 vehicles.
- Good knowledge of Malawian traffic laws.
- Visual acuity of at least 20/50 (or corrected to 20/50)
- Basic knowledge of vehicle maintenance and trouble shooting.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient in both written and spoken English and Chichewa.
- Defensive driving license will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Please send your resume, cover letter, copies of certified certificates, and three traceable referees to the address below.
The Chief Executive Officer,
Power Market Limited (PML),
Mercantile House, Presidential Way,
P.O. Box 30990,
or send your application to [email protected] not later than 10th December, 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
POWER MARKET LIMITED IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER