Mangochi District Council
Mangochi District Council with support from the American people through US Agency for International Development (USAID), will over the course of three years, implement critical health activities at the district level and contribute to the improvement of HIV/AIDS, Maternal and Child Health (MCH), Family Planning (FP), Tuberculosis (TB) and Nutrition outcomes in Mangochi district. To achieve the intended objectives of the government- to -government agreement (G2G), Mangochi District Council intends to employ additional Health Care and
Support Staff workers.
The Council, therefore, invites suitably qualified Malawians who will be employed under the employment terms and conditions of the Government of Malawi (Salary inclusive) to fill the following vacant posts existing in Mangochi District Council (Rural Health facilities and Communities).
VACANCY NO. LGSC.MINUTE NO.129/ (b)/ (i)/2021
POST: Principal Internal Auditor (Grade G/M5)
SALARY: Within Grade G salary scale segment
LOCATION : Mangochi District Council
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute audit exercises in the council based on the routine and perceived need.
- Advise management on proper financial procedures and controls.
- Prepare audit reports and other reviews and recommend improvements in the handling of funds, assets, income and liabilities at the council.
- Carry out a special audit as requested by management.
- Evaluate accounting and internal control systems within the council.
- Develop and institute internal control systems.
- Develop appropriate stores/ accounting procedures for the council.
- Verify cash against receipts.
- Check the correctness of voucher costing in the ledgers.
- Check all registers against items entered and stored.
- Coordinate the implementation of risk mitigation measures and reporting to management and other key stakeholders
Applicants must be Serving Senior Internal Auditors (Grade H/M6) or Internal Auditors (Grade I/M7) with a minimum of four (4) years’ experience and in possession of Bachelor’s Degree in internal Auditing, Business Administration/Commerce.
How to apply:
Interested Persons who meet the above requirements should submit their application letter, copies of certificates, valid practicing license, a copy of National ID, detailed CV with at least 3 traceable referees, PSR 19 / confirmation letter for serving officers not later than 1st December, 2021 to:
Appointment and Disciplinary Committee
Mangochi District Council,
Private bag 138,
NB: Remember to indicate on the envelope the position you are applying for.