United Civil Servants Sacco
United Civil Servants SACCO is a member owned institution that offers a range of savings and credit products to civil servants in Malawi its goal is to improve the social economic lives of all Malawians. It therefore invites applications from candidates with the passion and drive to help in improving their community and country.
Branch Development Manager (8 positions)
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing the business and managing day to day operations of a branch that will compose of branch operations officer, tellers and sales representatives.
Duties and Responsibilities
Major Duties, Responsibilities and Accountabilities / Deliverables:
1. Recruitment & Retention of members
- Making sure that the branch is able to recruit new members and planning imitative to boost sales. Making sure that the branch is able to reach its allocated target. Planning and implementing retention strategies to curb exits in the branch.
2 Mobilization of Savings
Implementing savings mobilization strategies for the branch to ensure that it is able to meet its targets.
3. Growing a healthy loan portfolio
Ensuring that the branch increases a loan portfolio: meeting the given target BUT meticulously generating a quality loan portfolio with acceptable delinquency ratio of equal to or less than 1%. Making sure that loans are processed within the accepted TAT’ loan processing procedures and policy are followed.
4. Managing efficient and effective processes
Making sure the branch is following procedures in their daily processes; they maintain speed and accuracy. Making sure that all operations are done productively; spending less and producing more; e.g. good time management; avoid wastage of all other resources.
5. Cost containment
Planning and monitoring branch resources so that they are able to keep the cost down. Coming up with innovative and creative ways of doing operations effectively and efficiently in the branches to ensure maximum productivity, profitability and sustainability.
6. Financial performance
Making sure that the branch is able to hit its financial performance metrics as per their given targets.
7. People Management
- Making sure that all employees in the branch have their performance contracts and appraisals
- Identification of training needs for teams.
- Leave days planning for team and self.
8. Risk Management
• Actioning of supervision reports by R & C department
• Actioning of ICT audit report
• Reporting on issues of the branch
- Bachelor’s Degree in business related field from recognized University plus 2 years’ experience in a financial institution; or a business-related Diploma with 5 years’ experience in a financial institution.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent customer and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- High integrity.
Location: This position is tenable in various districts in Malawi.
How to Apply
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should send their application letters with a detailed curriculum vitae (CV) plus copies of certificates not later 15th December 2021 to;
The General Manager
United Civil Servants Sacco
P.O Box 294
Or email; [email protected]
All applications sent to the email must have the position being applied for in the subject line.