Bishop Mackenzie International School – BMIS
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER
Bishop Mackenzie International School – BMIS, is the only IB World School in Malawi. BMIS educates and inspires students to value integrity, cultural diversity, and the pursuit of well-being and excellence. Our school fosters an environment which empowers students to become creative, confident lifelong learners ready to take action in the local and global communities. BMIS is seeking to recruit an experienced Human Resource Manager to join the management team and contribute to making the school a better place to work at. The goal will be to maximize the productivity of an organization by optimizing the effectiveness of its employees.
FUNCTION : Responsible for all matters relating to Human Resource Management
REPORTS TO: The Business Manager
SUPERVISES: The Human Resource Officer
- Planning, directing, and coordinating human resource management activities of BMIS to maximize the strategic use of human resources
- Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems
- Assist with the review of employment and working conditions to ensure full compliance with legal requirements
- Be actively involved in recruitment by preparing job descriptions, posting adverts and managing the hiring process
- Administer compensation, benefits and performance management systems, and safety and recreation programs. This includes Pension, staff Medical Insurance and workers compensation cover.
- Coordinate all HR activities, files, and correspondence
- Advise managers on organizational policy matters such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommend needed changes;
- Maintain high level of confidentiality on management of staff contracts and other employee records and ensuring that staff files are timely updated.
- In consultation with Senior Management, identify staff vacancies and initiate the recruitment process.
- Plan and conduct new employee induction / orientation to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives;
- Actively participate in performance management and training processes
- Support with of disciplinary and grievance management
- Act as the first step in resolving staff problems and conflict relating to policies and conditions of employment, in consultation with Senior Management
- Plan, direct, supervise, and coordinate work activities of subordinates and staff relating to employment, compensation, labor relations, and employee relations;
- Plan, organize, direct, control or coordinate the personnel, training, or labor relations activities of an organization;
- Represent the organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations;
- Provide counselling on policies and procedures
- Advise management on issues relating to Human Resource Management.
Applicants for this role should also be able to demonstrate the following qualities and skills:
- Highly organized and efficient: A methodical and efficient approach to office procedures, database management and record keeping.
- Numerical: Excellent numerical skills with a very good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and the ability to analyze employment data and make robust forecasts.
- Good Communicator: Excellent written communication skills with the ability to write letters and clear business documents
- Stress Tolerance: Accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high-stress situations.
- ICT Skills: Excellent ICT skills and must be very comfortable using Microsoft Office Suite plus an HR database
- Proactive: Ability to prioritize and use initiative, proactively generate new ideas to improve the HR processes.
- Integrity: high level of Integrity, honest and ethical.
- Results Oriented: Possessing the ability to work to targets and set own targets in support of the school’s HR objectives.
MINIMUM QALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources Management or a related field, obtained from a reputable university or college.
- At least five years of progressive experience in the field of human resources management.
If you are passionate about HR, have knowledge and experience of the various HR functions and you meet the above minimum requirements, please submit your application duly supported by a detailed CV with three traceable referees and copies of your qualifications addressed to The Business Manager, through the following e-mail address: [email protected]. Deadline for receipt of applications is Friday 26th November, 2021.