Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with the Johns Hopkins University. Jhpiego develops innovations to enhance the capacity of health care workers, strengthening health systems and improve delivery of care towards improving the health and well-being. Jhpiego has been collaborating with the Government of Malawi and various partners in implementing a wide-range of interventions in maternal, newborn and child health, family planning, HIV/AIDS prevention and care and treatment, since 1999.
Jhpiego seeks to recruit staff for the vacant position below:
Post: Peer Educator (PE) Supervisor (4)
Duty station: Chiradzulu; Chikwawa; Mzimba
Supervises: Peer Educators
Reports to: Key Population Officer
The Peer Educator Supervisor will provide HIV Testing Services and ongoing supportive supervision and mentorship to Peer Educators to ensure sustainable, high quality and client focused HIV prevention services that targets key Population such as Men who have Sex with Men, Female Sex Workers and Trans genders. S/he will work under close guidance and support from Key Population Officer and Ministry of Health to meet quality standards in Key Population friendly HIV prevention services.
Required Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Competencies
- Diploma in Community Development, Public Health or equivalent.
- MOH HTS Certification is a must.
- Possession of HIV Self-Test Certificate an added advantage
- 2 to 3 years’ experience working in HIV and AIDS service provision programs.
- Familiarity with DHIS2 application.
- Effective community mobilization and health promotion skills.
- Experience in supervising, supporting and coaching staff.
- Possession of Valid Motorcycle Driving License is a must.
- Ability to work in a complex environment charged with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Motivated, passionate and hard working.
- Strong decision-making skills and results oriented approach
How to apply:
Eligible candidates meeting the required qualifications and experience should send applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), and names and contact details of direct supervisors: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 20th October ,2021. “Position title must be indicated as the subject”
Jhpiego appreciates all candidates, Malawian candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only applicants who meet the required qualifications will be considered
Jhpiego is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to tough international child safeguarding standards.
For further information about Jhpiego, visit our website at www.Jhpiego.org