The ICT Unit of UNICEF Malawi seeks to recruit a national ICT Assistant Intern who is interested and excited to enhance his/her educational experience through practical work assignments while being exposed to UNICEF’s mandate and operations as well as learning on child rights and equity issues. The internship programme is also expected to provide Malawi with the assistance of qualified students specialized in the ICT/T4D field. The intern will perform a general ICT/office and administration support. He/she will be expected to be an active participant, collaborating and working with the ICT team to ensure correctness, timeliness and consistency of technical support. All these learning and performing elements should be consistent with the overall goal of meeting the needs and requirements for UNICEF programmes/operations while at the same time providing a development opportunity to the intern.
How can you make a difference?
The main purpose of the internship programme will be to support the development and enhancement of the intern’s professional and educational experience through practical work assignments, to expose the intern to the work of UNICEF, to as well as well as to promote learning for the intern in ICT technical and operational fields.
The ICT Assistant Intern will be responsible for assisting the Senior ICT Associate in all the roles and duties to ensure consistency and timeliness of technical support provided to the office. The intern will be part of the team where certain roles and responsibilities are shared, and the objective of the team effort is to ensure convergence, collaboration and consistency in shared tasks for optimal results.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Excellent academic performance demonstrated by recent university or institution records.
- Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate (Masters) degree programme or be a recent graduate (graduated within the past two years) in field of computer science, information systems, telecommunication or other relevant disciplines.
Additional consideration will be given for any experience, specifically experience in a relatively complex ICT project management.
Technical skills and knowledge
- Knowledge in Local Area Network (LAN) and Wireless LAN
- Knowledge in setup of computing equipment and access to LAN and Wireless LAN infrastructure
- Practical knowledge of Microsoft tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Ms Forms, etc.).
- Knowledge in light database application development with MS Access or web application development will be an Asset.
- Hands-on mentality and self-management skills.
- Essential skills include excellent organization and time management skills, attention to detail, rigor and a strong sense of personal responsibility. Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Ability to look beyond the tasks assigned, take ownership of projects and make suggestions on how to improve the role. Handle and respect multiple deadlines while working independently with different agents on several projects.
Please refer to the attached full Terms of Reference TOR Internship – ICT Assistant .pdf for more details on the consultancy and requirements.
Interested candidates should provide the following:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- Proof of studies/Certified copies of qualifications
- References details