Parliamentary Service Commission
PARLIAMENT OF MALAWI PARLIAMENTARY SERVICE COMMISSION
Applications are invited from suitable candidates to fill the following vacant post existing in the Parliamentary Service.
Vacancy Number : PSC/3/9/21
Post : Editor of Hansard
Grade : I/PO
Responsible to : Principal Editor of Hansard
Purpose of the Job
Editing Hansard and other Parliamentary Publications.
- Timely and accurately sub-edits House and Committee proceedings in line with style rules;
- Ensures Members scripts are accurately corrected and collated;
- Liaises with recording technicians and print staff on timeliness and quality of output;
- Assists the timely and accurate posting of daily debates per meeting and per session;
- Assists in maintaining update records of daily debates on the Parliament website;
- Ensures transaction and editorial tools are in place and properly used;
- Participates in editorial tools are in place and properly used; and,
- Participates in editorial and communication support tasks in other Parliamentary Information, Education and Communication (IEC).
Qualifications and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or Mass Communication or Humanities or Languages (English) with not less than 2 years experience in editorial work.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested applicants should send their application letters and detailed Curriculum Vitae with three traceable referees, copies of Certified Educational and Professional Certificates not later than 29th October, 2021 to:
Parliamentary Service Commission,
Private Bag B362,
Please indicate the post you are applying for on the Envelope.