Parliamentary Service Commission
PARLIAMENT OF MALAWI PARLIAMENTARY SERVICE COMMISSION
Applications are invited from suitable candidates to fill the following vacant post existing in the Parliamentary Service.
Vacancy Number : PSC/3/6/21
Post : Principal Parliamentary Reporter
Grade : G/P7
Responsible to : Chief Editor of Hansard (F/P5)
Purpose of the Job
To coordinate activities of Hansard Reporters.
- Provides high speed and accurate word-processing and transcription services from audio recordings in conformity with the Hansard style guide;
- Takes short hand notes of proceedings or Committees to supplement the audio record;
- Obtains speech notes from Members and written materials from Ministries to assist in the production of the Daily Hansard;
- Proof reads and conducts first edit of “takes” before submitting to editors;
- Coordinates the preparation and implementation of the daily roster;
- Coordinates merging of Hansard transcripts; and,
- Facilitates building capacity and management of staff under his or her responsibility.
Qualifications and Experience
Diploma in Secretarial Studies or Business Management with not less than 3 years experience in parliamentary reporting at grade I/PO or above or equivalent. Those with a degree in the relevant field will have an added advantage.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested applicants should send their application letters and detailed Curriculum Vitae with three traceable referees, copies of Certified Educational and Professional Certificates not later than 29th October, 2021 to:
Parliamentary Service Commission,
Private Bag B362,
Please indicate the post you are applying for on the Envelope.