Parliamentary Service Commission
PARLIAMENT OF MALAWI PARLIAMENTARY SERVICE COMMISSION
Applications are invited from suitable candidates to fill the following vacant post existing in the Parliamentary Service.
Vacancy Number : PSC /3/5/21
Post : Principal Editor Hansard (G/P7)
Grade : G/P7
Responsible to : Chief Editor Hansard (F/P5)
Purpose of the Job
To oversee the production of timely and accurate verbatim reports and other parliamentary publications.
- Coordinates the editing of transcripts and other parliamentary publications;
- Supervises subordinate staff;
- Ensures the availability and use of reference materials for quality production of transcripts;
- Assists the Chief Editor of Hansard in the development of Hansard Section’s budgets, work plans and progress reports;
- Coordinates pre-meeting and post-mortem workshops for Hansard Editors and Reporters;
- Handles requests for transcripts; Facilitates building capacity and management of staff under his or her responsibility;
- Ensures timely posting and updating of online Hansards; and,
- Implements quality standards of the Hansard as contained in the House Style Guide.
Qualification and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or Mass Communication or Humanities or Languages (English) with not less than 3 years experience in editorial work.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested applicants should send their application letters and detailed Curriculum Vitae with three traceable referees, copies of Certified Educational and Professional Certificates not later than 29th October, 2021 to:
Parliamentary Service Commission,
Private Bag B362,
Please indicate the post you are applying for on the Envelope.