Parliamentary Service Commission
PARLIAMENT OF MALAWI PARLIAMENTARY SERVICE COMMISSION
Applications are invited from suitable candidates to fill the following vacant post existing in the Parliamentary Service.
Vacancy Number : PSC/3/10/21
Post : Parliamentary Reporter
Grade : I/PO
Responsible to : Senior Parliamentary Reporter
Purpose of the Job
To provide accurate, efficient and high quality word processing and transaction services for the production of the record of the House and its Committees.
- Produces transcript copies from audio recordings in conformity with Hansard style;
- Produces high speed and accurate word processing and transcript services from audio recordings in conformity with Hansard style;
- Monitors proceedings of the House/ Committees and take shorthand notes to supplement the audio record;
- Obtains speech notes and written materials from Ministers or Members of Parliament to assist in the production of the daily Hansard report;
- Proof reads and conducts first edit of ‘takes’ before submitting to the editors;
- Edits and collates of the Hansard index;
- Inserts corrections made by the Editors to the transcript of proceedings and merge documents as required; and,
- Provides clerical and secretarial support services to senior officers.
Qualifications and Experience
Diploma in Secretarial Studies or Business Management with not less than three (3) years experience in parliamentary or court reporting. Those with a degree in the relevant field will have an added advantage.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested applicants should send their application letters and detailed Curriculum Vitae with three traceable referees, copies of Certified Educational and Professional Certificates not later than 29th October, 2021 to:
Parliamentary Service Commission,
Private Bag B362,
Please indicate the post you are applying for on the Envelope.