Parliamentary Service Commission
PARLIAMENT OF MALAWI PARLIAMENTARY SERVICE COMMISSION
Applications are invited from suitable candidates to fill the following vacant post existing in the Parliamentary Service.
Vacancy Number : PSC/3/2/21
Post : Chief Clerk Assistant (Table)
Grade : F/P5
Responsible to : Assistant Clerk of Parliament (Table)
Purpose of the Job
To serve as a central coordination office for all Table duties.
- Coordinates Meetings of the House;
- Coordinates the Circulation of Chamber documents;
- Assists the Assistant Clerk of Parliament in the provision of procedural advice to the Presiding Officers and Members of Parliament;
- Assists the Members of Parliament in drafting Private Members’ Motions and amendments to Bills;
- Coordinates the production of Votes and Proceedings;
- Coordinates the activities of International Parliamentary Organisations in liaison with the respective Desk Officers;
- Coordinates a review process of the Standing Orders;
- Coordinates the organisation of Parliamentary workshops and seminars;
- Coordinates preparation of budget estimates for the Table Office; and,
- Supervises performance of staff under his or her charge.
Qualifications and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Public Administration or Political Science or Law with not less than 3 years work experience performing Table duties. Those with Master’s Degree in relevant field will have an added advantage.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested applicants should send their application letters and detailed Curriculum Vitae with three traceable referees, copies of Certified Educational and Professional Certificates not later than 29th October, 2021 to:
Parliamentary Service Commission,
Private Bag B362,
Please indicate the post you are applying for on the Envelope.