Parliamentary Service Commission
PARLIAMENT OF MALAWI PARLIAMENTARY SERVICE COMMISSION
Applications are invited from suitable candidates to fill the following vacant post existing in the Parliamentary Service.
Vacancy Number : PSC/3/3/21
Post : Chief Public Relations Officer
Grade : F/P5
Responsible to : Assistant Clerk of Parliament (P&PR)
Purpose of the Job
To promote Public Relations programmes that will bring positive image of the Parliament of Malawi.
- Develops appropriate tactics for effective engagement and strengthen Parliament of Malawi reputation with key stakeholders;
- Attends to media enquiries, accreditation and training;
- Prepares press releases;
- Drafts speeches;
- Organizes media coverage for Parliament of Malawi functions;
- Profiles Parliamentary work through newsletters, website and social media platforms;
- Develops Public Relations work plans in line with Parliament of Malawi Strategic Plan;
- Coordinates the development and implementation of Parliament of Malawi Communication Strategy and related policy documents;
- Supervises performance of staff under his or her charge; and,
- Maintains close relationship with all sections of the secretariat to achieve a regular flow of information.
Qualification and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or Mass Communication with not less than 3 years experience as a Senior Public Relations Officer in a busy corporate environment.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested applicants should send their application letters and detailed Curriculum Vitae with three traceable referees, copies of Certified Educational and Professional Certificates not later than 29th October, 2021 to:
Parliamentary Service Commission,
Private Bag B362,
Please indicate the post you are applying for on the Envelope.