Parliamentary Service Commission
PARLIAMENT OF MALAWI PARLIAMENTARY SERVICE COMMISSION
Applications are invited from suitable candidates to fill the following vacant post existing in the Parliamentary Service.
Vacancy Number : PSC/3/1/21
Post : Assistant Clerk of Parliament (Table)
Grade : E/P4
Responsible to : Senior Assistant Clerk of Parliament
Purpose of the Job
To provide strategic and extensive procedural advice and administrative support to the Presiding Officers and Members of Parliament for the efficient and effective operation of the business of the House.
- Proposes the sitting calendar;
- Proposes Chamber Roster for Table Clerks and Presiding Officers and ensures that the same is timely approved and circulated to the relevant officers;
- Assists the Clerk of Parliament in servicing the Business Committee;
- Drafts the Order Paper;
- Ensures that relevant documents for each Sitting or Meeting of the House are timely prepared and distributed e.g. Order Paper;
- Ensures that the Assent copies of Bills are processed for execution by the relevant authorities and that the same are published in the Malawi Government Gazette;
- Ensures that the adopted Committee Reports and Motions are transmitted to relevant Government Ministries or Departments for appropriate action;
- Ensures that Votes and Proceedings are produced for each Meeting of the National Assembly;
- Ensures that a Session Report is produced for each Session of Parliament;
- Advises the Presiding Officers, Members of Parliament and Management on House Practice and Procedure;
- Plans and directs for the implementation of the Table Office activities in line with the National Assembly’s Strategic Plan and the Budget; and,
- Supervises performance of staff under his or her charge.
Qualification and Experience
Master’s Degree in Business Administration or Public Administration or Political Science or Law with not less than 5 years work experience performing Table duties.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested applicants should send their application letters and detailed Curriculum Vitae with three traceable referees, copies of Certified Educational and Professional Certificates not later than 29th October, 2021 to:
Parliamentary Service Commission,
Private Bag B362,
Please indicate the post you are applying for on the Envelope.