Nkhotakota District Council
The Local Government Service Commission is inviting applications from suitably qualified Malawians to fill the following vacant post that exist in the sectors of Secretariat and Health in Nkhotakota District Council.
POST: NURSE MIDWIFE TECHNICIAN
Applicants must have a Diploma in Nursing and Midwifery obtained from a recognized institution and must be registered with Nurses and Midwives Council of Malawi.
- Uses the nursing process to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing/midwifery care.
- Provides basic Nursing care such as bed bath, wound care, feeding and assisting patients with elimination.
- Supervises subordinate staff and students in assisting patients to meet their bio psychosocial and spiritual needs.
- Administers medication and treatment to patients and clients.
- Makes necessary preparation and after care of equipment for treatment.
- Adhere to standard precautions of infection prevention and control practices.
- Assist in the rehabilitation of patient through the application of principles of prevention of deformities, range of motion exercises and body alignment.
- Observes patients condition and progress.
- Maintains and document an accurate and complete record of all information pertaining to all nursing/midwifery care activities performed.
- Maintains a clean and safe environment for patient care.
- Reports accurately individual patient care to ward In-charge or doctor.
- Conducts proper handover of all patients bed by bed or (according to ward or Departmental Policy).
- Participates in Nursing and Doctors rounds.
- Uses appropriate communication skills during nursing care.
- Conducts Health Education Sessions to patients in wards and outpatient department.
- Builds therapeutic relationship with patients, guardians and fellow health workers.
- Actively participates in professional activities.
- Adheres to the code of Nursing Ethics during her practice.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICATION:
Applicants should submit their applications by clearly indicating the position they are applying for on the envelope together with copies of relevant certificates and Curriculum Vitae with contact mobile phone numbers to:
The Executive Secretary
Local Government Service Commission
P.O. Box 766
Documentary evidence of major requirements specified in the advertisement shall be needed during interviews. Serving officers will also be required to demonstrate during the interviews that they are permanent and pensionable officers in the Civil Service by producing letters of confirmation in appointment in addition to letters of appointment (PSR 19).
Local Government is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified individuals are welcome to apply. To reach him not later than 30th October, 2021