Nkhotakota District Council
The Local Government Service Commission is inviting applications from suitably qualified Malawians to fill the following vacant post that exist in the sectors of Secretariat and Health in Nkhotakota District Council.
POST: SENIOR IRRIGATION AGRONOMIST
Applicants must be serving Irrigation Agronomist (Grade I/M7) with a minimum of 4 years’ experience at that post.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and annual work plans.
- Prepare training programmes for farmers.
- Conduct Engineering Surveys and data collection.
- Coordinate Engineering Extension Credit affairs and is responsible for Irrigation Management Committees toward more responsibilities and direct crop diversification and income generating activities.
- Monitor implementation of irrigation.
- Conduct Training Needs Assessment (TNA).
- Advise on Irrigation policy management and maintenance of irrigation schemes as well as farmers.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICATION:
Applicants should submit their applications by clearly indicating the position they are applying for on the envelope together with copies of relevant certificates and Curriculum Vitae with contact mobile phone numbers to:
The Executive Secretary
Local Government Service Commission
P.O. Box 766
Documentary evidence of major requirements specified in the advertisement shall be needed during interviews. Serving officers will also be required to demonstrate during the interviews that they are permanent and pensionable officers in the Civil Service by producing letters of confirmation in appointment in addition to letters of appointment (PSR 19).
Local Government is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified individuals are welcome to apply. To reach him not later than 30th October, 2021