Blantyre Adventist Hospital
Blantyre Adventist Hospital, a leading Health and Spiritual Care Institution is hereby inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following positions:
INTERNAL MEDICINE SPECIALIST
Qualifications and Experience
- Graduated from medical institution recognized internationally
- Trained as a specialist in Internal Medicine locally or abroad which is recognized by Medical Council of Malawi
- Currently registered with Medical Council of Malawi as a specialist in Internal Medicine and/or from a recognized regulatory body as a diplomate/fellow in the same field
- Competent in taking care of all types of adult medical conditions
- Competent in dealing with complex, highly dependent patients in the intensive Care Unit (ICU) set up including ventilated patients
- Passion to impart knowledge and skills to junior physicians and nurses
- No pending/unresolved lawsuits.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages OPD and in-patients including ICU/HDU cases according to updated evidence-based practices
- Attends to internal medicine cases referred to him/her by colleagues
- Responds to emergency cases promptly and appropriately
- Supervises the ICU/HDU Unit
- Helps in the training of ICU/HDU Unit nurses
- Guides and teaches BAH general practitioners in the management of internal medicine cases especially complicated cases
- Willing to work with other team players according to practices and guidelines set by the institution
- Sees patients regardless of sex, race, religious affiliations, ethnic background, or social status
- Abides with the rules and regulations of the Medical Council of Malawi and the law of the land
- Respects and Abides with the Blantyre Adventist Hospital Working Policy.
The individual must be self-confident, dedicated to work, team player, ready and willing to work under pressure and God fearing.
A competitive salary package awaits the successful candidate.
Applications with copies of certificates and a comprehensive and up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) with
three traceable referees must be sent to the following address:
The Director Human Resources
Blantyre Adventist Hospital,
P.O Box 51
Closing date for receiving applications is on 25th October, 2021
“We Care-God Heals”