Board of Architects and Quantity Surveyors in Malawi
THE BOARD OF ARCHITECTS AND QUANTITY SURVEYORS
VACANCY – REGISTRAR
The Board of Architects and Quantity Surveyors in Malawi, (BOAQS), was established under CAP 53.02 of the Laws of Malawi with the mandate of providing for matters relating to the professions of Architects and Quantity Surveying in Malawi. In accordance with the Architects and Quantity Surveyors Act (AQS Act), the Board of Architects and Quantity Surveyors is a body corporate, mandated as the sole qualifying, registering, disciplinary authority for professions of Architecture and Quantity Surveying in Malawi.
In order to fulfil its mandate efficiently and effectively, the Board is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the position of THE REGISTRAR OF THE BOARD on a one year contract, renewable based on satisfactory performance.
Core functions of the job
Reporting directly to the Board of Directors, the Registrar of the Board shall be responsible for the efficient and effective operations of the Board of Architects and Quantity Surveyors. Overseeing the overall administration and management of the affairs of the Board.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that the Board meets its mandate of qualifying, registering and disciplinary authority of the professions of Architecture and Quantity Surveying in line with the Architects and Quantity Surveyors Act (AQS Act).
- Secretary to the Board and all Committees of the Board and ensure that Board members acquire relevant training.
- Develop, review and coordinate policies, systems and processes of the Board in line with the Architects and Quantity Surveyors Act (AQS Act).
- Develop and monitor implementation of revenue mobilization strategies.
- Allocate work and appraise staff.
- Monitor and supervise all general administration functions of the Board, such functions as human resources management, procurement and marketing.
- Prepare and facilitate approval of key Board documents such as budgets, strategic plans, financial statements, operational manuals and annual work plans for the Board’s approval and spearhead implementation.
- Arranging Continuous Professional Development Seminars (CPDs) and other related initiatives.
- Ensure that service providers comply with the required standards as stipulated in the Architects and Quantity Surveyors Act (AQS Act).
- Ensure availability and timely acquisition of office equipment, tools, furniture and other office supplies.
- Organize and participate in all the Board’s meetings and related activities.
- Ensure operational cost efficiency.
- Stakeholder engagement.
- Ensure compliance of Architects and Quantity Surveyors Act (AQS Act), Board’s resolutions, statutory obligations as well as the Laws of Malawi.
Qualifications and Experience
The Position requires a highly motivated, mature, dynamic, knowledgeable, dedicated and professionally qualified person. The candidate must be a self-starter, one who can work with minimal supervision and under immense pressure. The interested candidate should:
- Possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or Quantity Surveying or Business Administration from a reputable, recognized and accredited Institution.
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a management position in a busy organization.
• strategic thinker with excellent planning skills
• good coordination and organization skills
• good leadership and team building skills
• result oriented
• decisive, self-motivated, assertive
• ability to work under pressure
• excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• high integrity, honesty and excellent negotiating skills
• problem solving skills
• excellent ICT Skills
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Application letters together with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CVs) including three traceable referees and copies of certificates should be sent to:
The Board of Architects and Quantity Surveyors
Buildings Department, Room No. 75
Private Bag B365
The closing date for receiving Applications is 18th October, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged and invited for interviews.